Tank Journal Archive

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
Things Are Stable. H&h (happy And Healthy)
parameters are stable within the world of Pico, and the tank could live in a world of abundance and peace....now that ive got that gay speech out of the way lets get down to the nitty gritty

have now got into a habit of dosing certain additives, and there has been great success! I do 2 10% water changes every 4 days and feed the tank reef roids every 3 days.
fish get fed every day with hikari pellets and feed them frozen food once a week (to reduce phosphate issues), which they go nuts over. my wild caught percula clownfish (named him Ed Sheeran) is now feeding from my hand. am now planning on taking him for walks down to the local park.

already got some good growth on some of the frags. Green polyped birds nest coral is already starting to split at the ends and its been just over a week in the tank.
there are currently 3 fishy inhabitants in the tank. one is only renting as he will be moving to a bigger property hopefully within the next 4-6 weeks.
the two permanent residents are looking for a new roomie in the mean time. they're being very picky! they either want a goby and shrimp pair, or either a sort of goby.
The tank is looking pretty messy with all the new furniture (frag rack full of frags and other various corals)

oh yeah,
Pics

birdsnest.jpg

FTS pico.jpg

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
my sps are doing fab! already showing decent growth. my rainbow montipora is now starting to encrust on some rock too!

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
battling some algae issues of late but trying to get it under control. the added bio-load at the moment isn't helping but ive been busy the past week so missed a couple of water changes. got the algae scraper out and gave the pico bachelor pad a good clean and a decent water change. everything is looking really good! the browned out tabling acro that Dave kindly donated to me is finally showing its true colours! its a blue tabling acro. the acro frags are also doing well. good growth from the birdsnest coral and the two three other frags have steady growth and are starting to encrust the frag plugs. Also came home with a really nice lobo from deer park today. they also have some really nice acropora in atm.

here's some photos :)

blue acro.jpg

Blue Tabling acro getting more blue as each week passes

lobo.jpg

Purple Mouth, Orange rim lobo with yellow streaks. looks so awesome in person and great under blues!

picasso hosting.jpg

My clown decides to host my gold torch instead of the elegance -.- dumb fish!

toxic torch.jpg

Toxic torch growing a new head.

zoa growth.jpg

Zoa frag with crazy growth!

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
my blue tabling acro died :( completely bleached within two days and i dont know the cause as all the other corals are absolutely fine, especially the other sps frags. on the plus side, i managed to get a nice sized green stem, gold tip hammer for real cheap. will be getting another tabling acro tomorrow to fill the void. fingers crossed nothing goes wrong with this one.

1291276_637314226290319_288024765_n.jpg

Top down shot of my toxic torch and new hammer. the gold hammer will reside in the bigger tank when the time comes. the toxic torch may or may not be staying in the pico.

1368749_637314222956986_466859553_n.jpg

close up of the new hammer

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
parameters are stable within the world of Pico, and the tank could live in a world of abundance and peace....now that ive got that gay speech out of the way lets get down to the nitty gritty

have now got into a habit of dosing certain additives, and there has been great success! I do 2 10% water changes every 4 days and feed the tank reef roids every 3 days.
fish get fed every day with hikari pellets and feed them frozen food once a week (to reduce phosphate issues), which they go nuts over. my wild caught percula clownfish (named him Ed Sheeran) is now feeding from my hand. am now planning on taking him for walks down to the local park.

already got some good growth on some of the frags. Green polyped birds nest coral is already starting to split at the ends and its been just over a week in the tank.
there are currently 3 fishy inhabitants in the tank. one is only renting as he will be moving to a bigger property hopefully within the next 4-6 weeks.
the two permanent residents are looking for a new roomie in the mean time. they're being very picky! they either want a goby and shrimp pair, or either a sort of goby.
The tank is looking pretty messy with all the new furniture (frag rack full of frags and other various corals)

oh yeah,
Pics

View attachment 19092

View attachment 19093
Blindest growth form look sick man. I thin I'm gonna add a green an pink to my tank.

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
yeah they have awesome shape to them!! see if you can find a ponapes birdsnest around NSW. pretty sure they glow under blues :)

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
The cause of my Blue table acro dying was RTN. i bought a yellow tabling acro to fill the void (mind you it's twice the size). everything else is bumping!

i have some pics of my corals under blue lights
birdsnest under blue.jpg

blue blasto.jpg

blue loving.jpg

lobo 2.jpg

pink spot morph.jpg

toxic torch under blue.jpg