Reef Discussion

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Thinking Of A Sewatec Order - Anyone Want To Split Shipping
Hey guys,

Thinking about ordering from Sewatec. Anyone need/want anything and split shipping?

Cheers

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Have you guys had many orders through Sewatec? My first and only order took no less than 6 months to arrive because it was "lost"
Would be good for my confidence to order though them again to hear it was a once off.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
whats the appeal? the items look more expensive than buying locally?
They were significantly cheaper a few years ago but the decline in the Aussie dollar may have reduced the benefits. I purchased some Tunze pumps and they were about 25% cheaper than the local equivalent.

@Mattres I don't remember the exact postage time but I think it was about a month - occasionally, something is going to go wrong and you might have been a bit unlucky.

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Have you guys had many orders through Sewatec? My first and only order took no less than 6 months to arrive because it was "lost"
Would be good for my confidence to order though them again to hear it was a once off.
I've used them quite a few times and am happy to go back.

@dimitri - as the others have indicated remove 19% from the EU price shown (VAT) and add about 41EU for delivery. Depends what you get but it can save a few $$$

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
As an example ...

2 x Tunze 6095 pumps from Sewatec would cost around $520 AUD delivered.

From Australian sites, most were around the $680 - $710 range, although I did find one place that was $645 but they didn't have any in stock.

So, is $160, or 30% reduction, enough to take the risk on purchasing from Germany, with the inherit difficulties in dealing with a warranty claim if it arises? That is a question that each person needs to answer themselves :)

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
also - compare the 40 and 60 prices, savings to be had there ;)

also - note you can get a MP10QD without the W for less too (which is ideal on a tank like my 130 which uses no other ecotech products)