Off-Topic

Nov 15, 2012
Full auto is green camera symbol...

However, first time you use other modes they are factory settings until you start having a play :p

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
1100D

Full Automatic Mode: The first mode in the Canon T3's Basic Zone, Full Automatic is indicated on the Mode dial by a green rectangular outline. In this mode, the camera makes all exposure decisions with the exception of image quality. Autofocus mode is set to AI Focus. Drive mode choices are Single Shot, 10-second Self-timer, and Continuous Self-timer. ISO is set to Auto with High ISO Noise Reduction enabled, the white balance mode is set to Auto, and the metering mode is set to Evaluative. The flash pops up and fires automatically if needed.

what I used

Shutter-Priority AE: This mode allows you to manually set the shutter speed anywhere from 1/4,000 to 30 seconds, while the camera chooses the best corresponding aperture setting. You have control over all other exposure variables.

for the berries
Close-up Mode (Macro Mode): Turning the Mode dial to the macro flower symbol sets the camera for capturing smaller subjects such as flowers, jewelry, and other small details. The autofocus mode is automatically adjusted to One Shot, the drive mode choices are Single, 10-second Self-timer, and Continuous Self-timer, and the metering mode is set to Evaluative. ISO and white balance are set to Auto, and ambience / lighting selections are available. Close-up mode takes advantage of the current lens' minimum focal distance. However, an EOS-dedicated macro lens and the Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX are recommended for better close-up photography. Note that unlike the macro mode on most consumer digital cameras, Macro mode on the Canon T3 has no effect on lens focusing range, as that parameter is entirely determined by the lens being used.

for the other
Automatic Depth of Field AE: This is the final mode in the Creative Zone, and is meant for taking pictures of large groups of people, landscapes with foreground detail, or any subject with elements of interest at varying distances from the camera. This mode puts the camera in control of both the shutter speed and aperture values, but you can adjust the other exposure variables. (If the lens focus mode is set to manual, A-DEP mode acts similarly to Program AE, but without the Program Shift function.) When shooting in Automatic Depth of Field AE, the camera sets both the lens aperture and focus distance to achieve a sharp focus over a wide depth of field. It uses the autofocus system to measure the distance to the subjects covered by each of the nine autofocus zones, and then attempts to set the focusing distance and lens aperture so as to render all subject areas in sharp focus. Areas that should be in focus in the final image are indicated with a red AF point, and if a focus lock can't be achieved, the shutter release won't fire.

Nov 15, 2012
Full auto is green camera symbol...

However, first time you use other modes they are factory settings until you start having a play :p

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
@SpikeHoover&Rocky that's not full auto. more a semi auto mode. aperture and shutter priority mode are vital!!
most the time i shoot landscapes on full manual just need to learn the relationship between shutter speed, aperture, iso much like calc alk mag, all a balancing act realy :D

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
yer, the course I have signed up for covers the basics of them. There are more advanced ones but I am doing the beginners. Well level 2, level 1 covers how to plug it into the pc and get the photos off the camera onto the pc, the very basics :P

Happy with how my first few photos have come out

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
started my course, already focussing on take photos on manual. Actually quite simple in theory, just takes practice, a good eye and experience to get it right. The below is fully manual. f/5.6, 1/30 apperature and 200 iso

FTS-06052013.jpg

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
if you wanted the fish to slightly blur less just bump the iso up to 400 and adjust shutter speed accordingly anything under 800iso should come out ok on that camera :D