Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Three Years Under Led
Three years under Illumagic LED and still going strong.... Haven't added any coral for over a year!!!! While my passion for reef building is no longer in my heart, my reef still ticks over in my living room. Over the years I have grown SPS from fragments to full blown beauties with minimal input. I can say that those that don't believe that led is a great form of lighting can't keep a reef. Mine is proof that led does just ok.
Here is proof that you don't need to feed your tank or need expensive additives to keep on blooming. My mistakes in the past were due to temperature fluctuation. My tip to budding reefers.... Get a chiller, set your temp to 25•C and go forth.
I have enjoyed this reef for all it's given me in terms of growth and reward.
Ps I still don't have a chiller but enjoy my garden for what it is, long live my Aitutaki :-)
ai744.photobucket.com_albums_xx85_slin1977_image_zpsaa13ef32.jpg

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
love it ! I too think led is under rated.
Mate! Those that believe in led can grow corals without any extra input. I know this because this is how I run my reef, I am not a feeder or tinkerer, per say! I feed the fish, I change the water , I clean the glass, the rest is up to the light that shines :)

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
The freshwater plant freaks remove equipment from tanks for their competition photos. I thought I would do the same by unscrewing the overflow and removing the Tunzes.
I think for 'show photos' that's a cool thing to do, really shows the tank off in all its glory. Which is glorious, by the way!

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Thank you all for the likes and love it's .
Certainly made my day and put a smile on my face!