Tank Journal Archive

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Thrilled With Results !
This picture was the best picture I could get of this coral after 5 months in the tank. I thought he was a good looking healthy coral !
The second picture is after 5 weeks of using Seachem Reef Plus & Trace.
This is not the only coral that has changed, nearly all of the corals have more colour and polyp extension is amazing.
I have stopped using Red Sea A & B which in turn has lowered phosphates in my tank. Seachem guarantee no nitrates or phos in their product and so far so good.
P1000073.JPG

This second picture is of the same coral 5 weeks later.
Colour doesn't show much improvement in the photo but trust me....wow ! colour has changed considerably and as you can see polyp extension....well i hope it shows as well in the photo as we see in our tank.
17.7.14 012.JPG

BattleSheep

Jun 17, 2013
Werribee
This picture was the best picture I could get of this coral after 5 months in the tank. I thought he was a good looking healthy coral !
This is not the only coral that has changed, nearly all of the corals have more colour and polyp extension is amazing.
I have stopped using Red Sea A & B which in turn has lowered phosphates in my tank. Seachem guarantee no nitrates or phos in their product and so far so good.
View attachment 42373
Colour doesn't show much improvement in the photo but trust me....wow ! colour has changed considerably and as you can see polyp extension....well i hope it shows as well in the photo as we see in our tank. View attachment 42375
It is looking great, I have been seeing people getting on to the combination. Photo clearly tells 1000 words.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Great to see the results you're getting. It would be good to see others jump on the Trace & Plus wagon.
I haven't seen anything give such great overall results. My hammers are almost too big for my tank.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Great to see the results you're getting. It would be good to see others jump on the Trace & Plus wagon.
I haven't anything give such great overall results. My hammers are almost too big for my tank.
My tank can't thank you enough for recommending these products. I have stopped the nopox now and nitrate & phos are completely In check

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
View attachment 42373
Colour doesn't show much improvement in the photo but trust me....wow ! colour has changed considerably and as you can see polyp extension....well i hope it shows as well in the photo as we see in our tank. View attachment 42375
Proofs in the fungia!!

Mantis Dundee

Jun 24, 2013
Quakers Hill
I think sometimes our corals just like a change too. They go a bit stale on constantly same conditions. Seachem are generally very reliable and safe to use. They are my preferred brand. I have seen my corals pop over night just from a little kh adjustment or temperature, or even salinity. I think this belief by many of the gurus about perfect paramaters and consistency is a bit of a myth.

Nov 15, 2012
I read somewhere that Aqua Vitro Fuel is the same/similar as Seachem Reef. do you use other sachem products?

what do you use to dose foundation elements?

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
I read somewhere that Aqua Vitro Fuel is the same/similar as Seachem Reef. do you use other sachem products?

what do you use to dose foundation elements?
I have seachem matrix in my sump. Trace & plus seachem carbon in reactor. Red Sea foundations 1kg powders for all. Will be changing to seachem as soon as I run out.

Nov 15, 2012
I have seachem matrix in my sump. Trace & plus seachem carbon in reactor. Red Sea foundations 1kg powders for all. Will be changing to seachem as soon as I run out.
do you make up the powder in RO water first? or put powder straight into tank?

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
do you make up the powder in RO water first? or put powder straight into tank?
Take a litre out the tank. Mix & completely dissolve and the put in sump I find the warmer tank water dissolves it a lot better than cold rodi water. Lol