Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Ticking Along
Wow my life has been busy lately, can see that from not posting a journal update for over 6 weeks.

So what's been happening?
I had a great job that I really enjoyed, however that ended on 1 July when the contracts between companies were not extended for the next term. But as they say when one door closes.....
I ended up starting a new job with a lot of challenges. I can only hope that it becomes enjoyable soon.
That being said can't imagine much love was poured into the 3x2 tank during July.

Well it is Sunday morning at home and have to say feeling a lot better mentally after spending a week skiing in NZ.

The tank is looking a bit neglected however I am ready to put some effort into it today.

Stand by for action, some of the best times are spent when the shackles of work and life are cast off and one stares into the wonders of the coral garden.
Ready for an update?

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Pretty good levels for neglect haha bring on the update!
During the past week off, I spent a bit of time catching up on some SPS journals on RC - Some fantastic photography by Sparker spurred me on to come home and get stuck in to the reef again. I was pleasantly surprised when I came home to find the frag meet frag has decided to colour up whilst I was away. Could it be the dump of phos and nitrate I chucked in before leaving???
IMG_3844.JPG

Now truth be told I have lost a few frags to my laziness , they have been smothered by some rampant invasive macro algae that I ignored for weeks.
Saying that I decided to pull out the entire reef today and scrub the living daylights out of all the frags and rocks to rid and clean each frag of that pest that was inhibiting growth throughout the tank.
So here we go , two tubes aquakneed 3 tubes super glue 3 wire brushes and a brand new 16 litre round bucket.
Plenty SPS tears floating in the tank !!!
IMG_3845.JPG

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
looking nice despite the neglect, is it just me or is there something missing from the right side?
Yap it did not go together as original.
See the magnet cleaner on the left hand glass, that blue tenius got fragged and the stalk planted under the fireball angel.
The torches also got moved.
Took out the long branches of Live Rock , never quite got round to making the scape right.