Tank Journal Archive

Good evening, I congratulate you on your success, I me doubted that the principle of the tide was important for succeed in reproducing the Mudskipper.

I hope that we can discuss the evolution of small larvae of Mudskipper.

Bye

tyty

I've made ​​comments on youtube.

You could show us the installation (pictures) that is below your aquarium.
About the larvae Mudskipper, you recovered them or you let them in the aquarium?

thank you

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
thankyou for your comments. I have not yet had the time to recover the larvae to rear them (work commitments are very high at the moment). I will however attemp to rear the larvae at a future date and this will be the subject of a specific thread dedicated to the topic.

V

'vspec'

I would imagine the dirty kind..lol

Dont mind me, I'm just passing through!

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
mud is natural marine sediment that accumulated around mangroves. Was harvested to a depth of 1cm (aerobic layer) and then transfered to the setup. Was allowed to settle for 2 weeks prior to the introduction of livestock

VaultBoy

Jul 10, 2011
Gawler, S.A.
How did you stabilise the "bank"? Whats stopping it from sliding down to the bottom? In my experience hills dont stay hills under water!

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
the mud is very gluetenous and tends to hold its shape. In addition, there is a plastic partition (like egg-crate) that sits just below the surface of the slope. This partion tends to hold most of the bank in place and stops the fish from digging the bank away

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Amazing stuff, one of the coolest forum threads I have ever seen :worship:)
well, you will just have to tell all your frend just how wonderful this place is and get them all to add content :-)
We all have our own interesting projects and what may see mundane to one hobbyist is facinating to another. The point of these forums is to share our own experiences/experiments in the hope that others can learn from what we have done and advance this hobby.

V

'vspec'

Tell a friend ~ Check!! Emailed myself.
Add content .....
awww.desmonorthwest.com_forums_images_smilies_fart.gif
~ Check!! hey, like you said, another's art, so why not share!
Advancing the hobby ~ Check and Check!! Its all in the full stops people.
awww.desmonorthwest.com_forums_images_smilies_sign01.gif

............................................ "opps, I walked through a door,what were we talking about??"

Kharn

Dec 24, 2011
Brisbane
Sorry I have not commented on this yet dr_schell :( no excuses well besides this one....

This is the first time I have been in this thread and its amazing! I love those.....(not sure what its called) but where you have filmed for like a day then taken a still image every (??? 15mins) and made a movie out of all the images showing what happens in the day with the water receding to the mudskippers hoping about on land, such amazing critters I have been interested in them for a long time and have contemplated a Tidal Setup for the same amount of time....but I can only assume FAR more dedication has gone into a setup such as yours in comparison to mine (I see mine as a single tank thing basically just repeated 8 times lol quite simple....).

Congratulations on the babies along with being the first to do so!

You are quite the breeder........I'll be your wife is a happy happy...;) women HAHAHAHA!

Congratulations!

Nice thread great read!

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
the system is an easy setup. When I get the chance, will post how the tides are made (with pics). To make the "time-lapse" films, I simply down-loaded an Ipod app that allowed a frame to be captured each second. The IPOD did the rest.

Thanks for the praise!