Tank Journal Archive

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Our laws on drink driving are fairly harsh here as well, especially during the probation "P-plate" period. Particularly because the driving and drinking age start at the same time lol
Here it's 21 for alcohol, I think they raised the provisional license to 17. I had a provisional at 15 and my regular license at 16 and 9 months. But this was WAY back in 1977!

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Here there is a ZERO tolerance policy for drunk driving under 21. You'll be in DEEP shit if you get caught underage here. It means you'll have a provisional license for a lot longer and I don't want to think about what your insurance rates would be after a DD conviction.
Isn't the law there that you can't drink alcohol under 21 years of age? Here its 18, so Probationary drivers licence holders (ie. P plates, because they display the letter P on their front and rear windows) are not able to drive with any alcohol in their system at all. Minimum age for getting a drivers licence is 18.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Isn't the law there that you can't drink alcohol under 21 years of age? Here its 18, so Probationary drivers licence holders (ie. P plates, because they display the letter P on their front and rear windows) are not able to drive with any alcohol in their system at all. Minimum age for getting a drivers licence is 18.
Yes, it's illegal to drink under 21. That said, from the time I was 16 I was buying alcohol just because of my size. I don't think I was ever asked for ID to purchase beer or bourbon until I was 22. I was 1 year behind them raising the age to 21, when it went to 19 I was 18 and so on.

Oct 17, 2015
This is probably the most inspiring tank i have ever seen, every little thing about it has had so much thought gone into it, I've just read the build from start to finish and all I can think is....... Wow.
Keep up the good work @Lesley,