Tank Journal Archive

brendan88

Jul 3, 2015
Tiny Emperor Angelfish And Painting Update
Everyone meet our little emperor angelfish Buddy Junior. We got it from the LFS after someone that had it on hold changed there mind and we got lucky. When I say little I mean little, it's approximately a 10 cent piece height with all the detail of a standard juvenile emperor.

Here's Buddy Jr with Felix my cleaner shrimp. The first few times when Felix went to take a ride he realised Buddy was too small to hold him up. Now Felix grabs on and rolls him around to clean each side.

IMG_3386.JPG
IMG_3397.JPG

And the new cabinet painting....since being back from Bali I have squeezed in three painting sessions on the doors and side panels for the new 8 foot tank. There's been some set backs having sanded back to much once meaning some of my spakfiller from the edges was removed. Brendan can't assist as the paint fumes gives him serious breathing issues. Considering I'd never used a sander in my life and after from art paintings have never painted anything worth mentioning I'm staying confident it will all work out. Won't know for a few days yet if it will come up as smooth and glossy as expected.

I've got three weeks until the next holiday and I'm hoping to be finished the painting before then or at least be up the final coat so I'll try to update how it all goes soon.

IMG_2886.JPG

IMG_2889.JPG

Tannum_Paul

Jun 18, 2015
Tannum Sands
That is seriously some good painting! Doing really well!

Will have to remember the fume, breathing issue thing for future use! LOL.

Excited to see water!

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Love the pics with the cleaner shrimp! Oh and, um, WOW. That cabinet build/paint is looking awesome, well done!

brendan88

Jul 3, 2015
Water in the new 8 foot tank is a long way off. Waiting until we get back from holidays to get in delivered and we're determined not to rush anything.