Tank Journal Archive

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
Toady Is Opening Up, Like His Zoa Neighbours
To this morning my partner sent me this photo of the toadstool coral.

He is beginning to warm up to the tank after a lot of moving!

The zoas are going strong!
image1.JPG

dino

Aug 6, 2012
Coming along nicely.

Did you know you've got an aiptasia in amongst the zoas at the R bottom.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Looking good :) I use Seachem Reef Trace in my tank and the leathers with waxy looking polyps like yours respond really well to it and 'fluff up' their polyps more.

E

ezza

Aip-x is good. I found taking the rock out and grabbing the thing with tweezers and yanking it out of the rock necessary once. I had one that would retract at the slightest hint of a shadow and I just got pissed off with it as I couldn't fill it with the solution. I was successful and there are no more.

Dean Lovett

Apr 11, 2015
Penrith
So I managed to get hold of two 1mL syringes with a needle.

The chemist said they had strict policy and couldn't distribute them to me, but the vet could. I was somewhat oblivious to asking a vet.... But given that it is an issue of animal health, upon reflection the vet was the better idea. So yep, they supplied me with two.

I have injected the aiptaisa in the photo. Along with another small one I found on the same piece of rock. Luckily for me, the rock isn't too porus so we had no where to run. Immediately he shriveled up and lost colour. Now this morning, 8 hours later he is in a similar, if not worse state.

Will update further on my progress!

Ranibranch

May 30, 2015
Deception Bay
I watched this the other day and had mixed emotions. Why did they have to insert the sad, dramatic music. I felt bad for the aiptasia. >_>

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Aip-x is good. I found taking the rock out and grabbing the thing with tweezers and yanking it out of the rock necessary once. I had one that would retract at the slightest hint of a shadow and I just got pissed off with it as I couldn't fill it with the solution. I was successful and there are no more.
+1
Turn rock upside down - it hangs there ready to be exterminated
Pls wear safety glasses and wash your hands when you handle these things especially near zoas

Ranibranch

May 30, 2015
Deception Bay
I once had a tank full of beautiful aiptasia. :p I had read that scrubbing them off the rock was good method. LOL.

Puffer soon took care of it. :3

But yeah, none of them got THAT big!

Admit that you got all choked up when it disintegrated with the emotive music pounding in the background. :p

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I have a massive Aiptasia that has been growing in my overflow for months. I am planning on feeding it to my copperband for a treat :D I should record it.

@holly has a good way of killing them but I can't quite remember how.