Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Pics from collection to tank mate or it did happen just that you didn't want to share :D
Lols, you all know I love to share... ok here goes... let me give you the run down.
Had to drive back to the hanger to drop off my ute and jump in my car , along the way I got stuck waiting for this to pass,
IMG_1210.JPG

Got to freight and the guy there says it will be 10 -15 mins ... so I go to the car to chill for a bit ... Next thing the guy has the styrofoam box sitting at the boot of my car.
There I was having a great chuckle to myself ,so excited trying to open the box with my car key just to look inside, I quickly had to concede defeat and get on the road home.
Upon arrival home grabbed a six pack from the garage put two in the freezer and the rest in the fridge. Successfully opened the styro box using the correct tool this time being a knife. Proceeded to use tank water and mix up Coral X dip in two separate 1 litre containers each destined to hold 6 frags for dipping. After a quick 5 min dip they got a rinse and then a final rinse and into the tank they went. Pure madness but that's the way I treated my first batch.
Now it's time to retrieve the two beers from the freezer and watch them polyp extension, with beer in hand.
IMG_1227.JPG

Ok yes you say another purple tenius and then you go
IMG_1229.JPG

A yellow and purple tenius flanked by a yellow dragon with some sort of raspberry lemonade behind it...
IMG_1231.JPG

A stunning lokani could be purple and green
IMG_1225.JPG

And this one aqua blue...
We will just have to see what the rest of the package contained , plenty of surprises.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Wow! Quite an investment :)
Yes, some of these cost a lot, the thing is that they should be a bit tank hardened as some are second generation. I have some bits from the national frag meeting that haven't quite yet found their groove.

Ben Wright

Dec 21, 2016
Yes, some of these cost a lot, the thing is that they should be a bit tank hardened as some are second generation. I have some bits from the national frag meeting that haven't quite yet found their groove.
Oh I know the Sustainables are top notch. I have a few in my tank as well. Their colours, polyp extension and hardiness are definitely not in doubt.

Just gotta get me the purple green lokani when I win the lottery ;)

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Mate I think we have the same coral pick up procedure. The key, the beer. It all sounds to familiar :D

The frags look so scrumy! They'll all be spectacular in your tank.

Keen to see how you travel with the new sups to!