Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Mate I think we have the same coral pick up procedure. The key, the beer. It all sounds to familiar :D

The frags look so scrumy! They'll all be spectacular in your tank.

Keen to see how you travel with the new sups to!
Hey Mattres, your new tank will see many beers and celebrations around it.
It will be interesting to see if I can get that shiny glowing metallic look happening.
Also adding vitamins to the water is something I've read lots about but never put it into practice.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Oh I know the Sustainables are top notch. I have a few in my tank as well. Their colours, polyp extension and hardiness are definitely not in doubt.

Just gotta get me the purple green lokani when I win the lottery ;)
I would love to see your Sustainable frags , when did you get yours Ben?

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Hey Mattres, your new tank will see many beers and celebrations around it.
It will be interesting to see if I can get that shiny glowing metallic look happening.
Also adding vitamins to the water is something I've read lots about but never put it into practice.
Thanks mate!
I've done some reading on vitamins lately to. If they are getting depleted in our tanks then it can only be a positive to add them back in.

Haha I dosed it first time last night! It stinks lol
Haha you guys and your secret bottles/juices.
ASADA need to forget about the AFL, the Australian reefing scene is the new doping scandal :p

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Thanks mate!
I've done some reading on vitamins lately to. If they are getting depleted in our tanks then it can only be a positive to add them back in.

ASADA need to forget about the AFL, the Australian reefing scene is the new doping scandal :p
Yeah, all this talk about keeping it simple.
The top shelf is chock full of snake oils and elixir potions.:D

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Thanks mate!
The main thing with vitamins is there is a certain group of vitamins (mainly b group) that the corals can't produce themselves and these vitamins are also very sensitive to UV and are therefore, in our tanks, are destroyed very quickly. Which leads to a total lack of them in our tanks and by dosing them at night with the lights off, the corals have access to something they very rarely do have in captivity :)

Shhhhhhhh :P It looks like piss in a bottle and smells worse haha