Tank Journal Archive

brendan88

Jul 3, 2015
Tunze Wavebox 9215
Just seeing if anyone has any experience with this wavebox..... I have seen them work really and great results with corals......

Just looking at them, as the gyres aren't giving me the results and flow I need

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Do you mean the 6215?

I have been testing a 6208 in my 4x2x2 for a few weeks, although this has just been part of my fresh water leak test. I was quite happy with the wave created and will be interested to see how things go with corals etc.

My wife wasn't quite so happy as she didn't like the sound of the pump turning on/off. Hopefully she won't notice is as much in salt water and with a couple of other Tunze pumps in the tank.

These waveboxes don't seem overly popular although I am not really sure why :confused:

Azfish

Sep 23, 2011
Sydney
I used to run the nano version on a 5x2x2, I really liked the wave it created. I cant find the old video i had on the 5fter but here it is on a frag tank I had at one stage

just remember, they are not a flow replacement, rather a compliment, you'll still need a wavemaker or two

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Isn't the new tank only 3' ? What sort of wave would the 6215 create in that tank?
yeah, 3x2x2. Wave seems fairly normal at the moment, but then I'm not sure Im using the wavebox to it's full potential (no need to!) I'll get a video of it up soon