Tank Journal Archive

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
Turned To The Dark Side !
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
After having a huge lps addiction for 2 yrs now & reasonable success I decided to purchase some SPS. I failed miserably in the first few months with everything browning ( not dying ) but brown & not growing. So started researching and decided to keep nice stable numbers & invested in an auto doser. Fairly happy, the Browns have now started colouring up & new ones have stayed healthy & growth has been sensational. So here are some pics ( iPhone sorry ).
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Looking good , with your blue thumbs I'm sure your garden will be colourful!!!

Just need to point out that there is an even darker side to reefing , it's where the T5 and halides are switched off permanently - might see you add a few Non Photosynthetic Coral to your tank, lol - for now I would not recommend turning your lights off with such brightly coloured sticks!

potatocouch

Jan 16, 2014
Sydney
@Lesley well done to you! I have started keeping 1 Acro, put it on the top of the rock with high intensity of Kessil light but it just didn't work.

It becomes white skeleton now.

Although I have to admit, I didn't do anything special (as to dosing and keeping water pristine clean).

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
BRB, going coral shopping in Aus again, I'm racking up some frequent flier miles. :D Damn snappy job yet again Lesley!!

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
You did it now Lesley, you made me order some sticks and Cat's paws for myself. :D
2 pink Pocillopora and 2 pink Damicornis, 2 green and 2 pink Stylophora and a coral to be named later to round out the 2 boxes. I hope Uncle Waltie has some damn green Staghorns or I'ma be PISSED!