Tank Journal Archive

Azedenkae

Jun 17, 2013
Update #1 (02/06/2015)
Hey all!

So I got given a Horizon 130 Starter Kit by a friend (yay!) so decided to set it up.

Everything's all done, got 15kg of live rock and about the same amount of sand. I had a MarinePure block from previously, so I used that too. Otherwise it's stock equipment. It does come with a light and everything, but since I am unsure just how suitable that is for corals, my plan might be just to head down the FOWLR route.

No specific plans yet, but it is up and running (and cycling). The water is also a bit murky. Was a lot murkier earlier today, so it is good that it has greatly cleared up. But yeah, will be a while more.

Haven't had a chance to test parameters yet. I was a bit lazy so I used ASW this time, followed instructions so the salinity should at least be within the ballpark. But we will see.

Anyways, without further ado, FTS:

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v320_Azure_Dragon1990_Mobile_20Upla9a5115b76a38ca0fb666a1ea1db1ef3.jpg

Also found two of these awesome hitchhikers:

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v320_Azure_Dragon1990_Mobile_20Uplc027a85048a2a9bd0db548fb9d9c08b8.jpg

Ranibranch

May 30, 2015
Deception Bay
Cool! I'd love to set up a FOWLR just so I could get a Puffer, Boxfish or Cowfish and then make disgusting faces and gibbering noises at it through the glass and try to make it love me...

...Good luck! :)

Azedenkae

Jun 17, 2013
Cool! I'd love to set up a FOWLR just so I could get a Puffer, Boxfish or Cowfish and then make disgusting faces and gibbering noises at it through the glass and try to make it love me...

...Good luck! :)
Lol now that's an idea! XD

Thanks. :)