Tank Journal Archive

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Update 12
hmm just unboxed my sand, bit of a difference between batches...... have posted in aqua blues section to see what the go is. poor form caribsea.

IMG_0532.jpg
IMG_0534.jpg
IMG_0535.jpg

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
just mix it up adam will look smick. once its got water through it i guarantee you wont notice a difference :)

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
One is nice is and white the other is a greenie, yellowie grey color, it's not going in my tank

MavG

Nov 8, 2011
Newcastle
The other thing is, i can see a difference in the grain size (unless that is a difference in distance).

If you going for a deep sand bed, want sand for a refugium etc grain size, and difference in grain size between two batches, ESPECIALLY if you want to do something specific with it, or even like the look of a specific size, will not achieve the same result as a sand that is recommended for the purpose and will achieve the best results.

So im with you NiCd, dont compromise.

Although i do agree with matt, in that when in the tank, and washed before it goes in, you may not actually notice a difference, but if you are aiming for it to do a specific job, or look a certain way, and your not happy with it, then its best not to use it.

V

'vspec'

Valid point, cant argue with logic.

Although promise me when you do return it, you Russell Crow them with the product!!
atest.forum.mmopurge.com_forum_images_smilies_smilies1_mouthoff.gif

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
The grain size is very different, the shit one is about four times the size, which from my experience means It would end up settling on top. I'm trying to go for a look that this won't achieve. I'd love to russell crow him with it !