Tank Journal Archive

parrdog

Sep 19, 2011
Engadine
The backing is going on the inside since I have an external weir. If I had an internal weir, I'd just paint the outside of the rear panel with black paint.

Cheers,
Jamie.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

"Hi Adam

David asked me to let you know our Elos shipment should be arriving next week. Once we have it it will have to be unpacked and checked. Majestic should have it the week after, all going well.

Regards
Anne"

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Paid my deposit today - woohoo - ordered the tank and aquatop ... still have to advise on the e-strips I want... can't wait to watch you set yours up! It will keep me going until I get mine :)

Parrdog - are you putting the acrylic backing inside the tank or outside on the back of the tank? (excuse my ignorance if this is a dumb question)
Congratulations! Which way did you end up going with the skimmer?

parrdog

Sep 19, 2011
Engadine
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

"Hi Adam

David asked me to let you know our Elos shipment should be arriving next week. Once we have it it will have to be unpacked and checked. Majestic should have it the week after, all going well.

Regards
Anne"
Kick ass!!!!!!

PMac

Apr 18, 2012
Sydney
Hey there ... ended up sticking with the standard PS1000 skimmer - it is rated up to 1000L so I figured it would be okay? Unless you think I should go the ps 2000??? I know that is what you decided on.....what was your reasoning for it - I am sure it is not too late for me to go for the 2000...

Went to Salt aquariums today - nice shop! great soft corals - amazing selection! the owner seems extremely nice too.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I think the 1000 should be fine, I'm planning on having around 30 fish in mine so thought I'd go overkill and need be feed lots or increase the fish even more so

PMac

Apr 18, 2012
Sydney
How many fish would a 1000 skimmer support? is the skimmer more important for fish or corals??? 30 fish seems like a a lot what do you plan to have?

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I guess its less about the number of fish as to what type you have, currently in my little cube I have

3 yellow tangs
4 clown fish
1 mandarin fish
1 bangai cardinal
2 royal grammas
1 helfrichi

Plus
4 redline shrimp

Im looking at keeping those plus around 8-10 anthia as and well as 8-10 blue green chromis

Plus another 4 redlines and probably around 10 pepermints and 10 sexy

So this will likely be what is considered to be fairly heavily stocked

PMac

Apr 18, 2012
Sydney
Oh gosh you must be so excited!!!!!! less than 2 weeks until you have your beautiful tank...
As for fish - I love your choices..
I was thinking of...
redline shrimp
blood red fire shrimp - I quite fancy ... heard they are $$$'s and hard to keep - anything wrong with them???
some peppermint shrimp
royal gammas
2 clown fish or 4 clown fish as long as they will be happy
1 yellow tang (hubby doesn't like them - so I am pushing getting one in the tank!!!) - will get the kids on my side he he
1 blue tang
1 mandarin
some chromis - blue green are my favourite
feel like I am a bit of a mini me here ha ha :worship - clearly we have very similar taste... would this warrant the 2000?
its not about the $$$'s anymore ... in for a penny in for a pound!

my concern is if you have to take your time to add livestock then won't the protein skimmer be too strong for the tank until it is fully stocked - how would you manage that?

btw - where did you buy your vortechs? o/s? I checked the voltage and it is compatible....

PMac

Apr 18, 2012
Sydney
are you planning to get any other e-vision modules - they released the ph and temp modules at the interzoo apparently...