Tank Journal Archive

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Oh gosh you must be so excited!!!!!! less than 2 weeks until you have your beautiful tank...
As for fish - I love your choices..
I was thinking of...
redline shrimp
blood red fire shrimp - I quite fancy ... heard they are $$$'s and hard to keep - anything wrong with them???
some peppermint shrimp
royal gammas
2 clown fish or 4 clown fish as long as they will be happy
1 yellow tang (hubby doesn't like them - so I am pushing getting one in the tank!!!) - will get the kids on my side he he
1 blue tang
1 mandarin
some chromis - blue green are my favourite
feel like I am a bit of a mini me here ha ha :worship - clearly we have very similar taste... would this warrant the 2000?
its not about the $$$'s anymore ... in for a penny in for a pound!

my concern is if you have to take your time to add livestock then won't the protein skimmer be too strong for the tank until it is fully stocked - how would you manage that?

btw - where did you buy your vortechs? o/s? I checked the voltage and it is compatible....
Im hoping jamo's luck hasnt brushed off onto me and that it will have any further delays

I cant argue with that fish list :) mine is virtually the same as jamo's as well so there will be a few similar tanks around, but the beauty of it is that tanks or nearly identical make ups will look and behave nothing alike.

Have you had a look at juv. chevron tangs? they are something the hubby may like a bit better and something that id love to work into the list, I have had 3 of them over the years and they are the graceful king of the tank.

Im not sure if I have made a mistake going the 2000 or not, maxreefer in the US has just gone with the 1000 and he runs heavily stocked and sps and his worst tanks look better than my best so he may be onto something.

the vortech runs a 120/240v power supply with an iec connection so buying overseas is no issue, but they can be temperamental things so their warrenty is worth a lot, to make it harder again aquablue, the Australian distributor will not sell spare parts to you unless you have an australia serial number (which being honest anyone on here will give you making that less of an issue). Im going to be buying mine at the last min from Age of aquariums.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
are you planning to get any other e-vision modules - they released the ph and temp modules at the interzoo apparently...

I am looking at grabing the temp module and will be keeping an eye of if there is anything else interesting that pops up

parrdog

Sep 19, 2011
Engadine
Nice toys mate :).

Love the chiller, just looks like a sub-woofer instead of a big, clunky piece of crap!

Another few days closer :).

Jamo.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Nice toys mate :).

Love the chiller, just looks like a sub-woofer instead of a big, clunky piece of crap!

Another few days closer :).

Jamo.
It's a crap load smaller than I thought it would be, which is definetly a good thing, its about a third smaller and weighs twice as much as the old Halea

V

'vspec'

Vertex automatic skimmer neck cleaner,for the man that only wants to clean his skimmer yearly and have amazing performance
Thats pretty sweet. Amazing what they think up. They must have a team of people just sitting round clicking on their macs thinking sh^t up.

Please oh please let blowjobs in a can be created next. :cool:

PMac

Apr 18, 2012
Sydney
re: 1000 vs 2000 sorry didn't mean to put any doubt in your mind ... trust your gut I say - you obviously had a good reason when you made that decision.

The chiller looks awesome I will definitely be doing the mini me with that one - only prob I can see is my kids will stand on it to look into the tank - hmmm... not sure how to resolve that one

vertex automatic skimmer neck cleaner - does that plus into the ps2000??? how does it work - it looks awesome

hubby liked the juv. chevron tangs - thanks for the tip - though still love the yellow tangs - your ones in your current tank are so cute!!! Do they grow up ugly though????

One final qn...would an Aqua reef 620 do for a quarantine tank???

thanks again for everything - you have been amazing - appreciate your feedback - will have to think about the vortech

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
re: 1000 vs 2000 sorry didn't mean to put any doubt in your mind ... trust your gut I say - you obviously had a good reason when you made that decision.

The chiller looks awesome I will definitely be doing the mini me with that one - only prob I can see is my kids will stand on it to look into the tank - hmmm... not sure how to resolve that one

vertex automatic skimmer neck cleaner - does that plus into the ps2000??? how does it work - it looks awesome

hubby liked the juv. chevron tangs - thanks for the tip - though still love the yellow tangs - your ones in your current tank are so cute!!! Do they grow up ugly though????

One final qn...would an Aqua reef 620 do for a quarantine tank???

thanks again for everything - you have been amazing - appreciate your feedback - will have to think about the vortech
You can have yellows and chevrons together, the chevron tends to school with the yellows as well, they become less attractive, I wouldn't say ugly, if you get a small one seems to take about three years, the adults still look nice under LEDs

The skimmer cleaner replaces the skimmer cup lid on the ps2000, the 1000 is too small to fit one unfortunately

Aqua reef 620 would make a great qt tank, overkill but great

PMac

Apr 18, 2012
Sydney
The skimmer cleaner replaces the skimmer cup lid on the ps2000, the 1000 is too small to fit one unfortunately
there is a reason for the ps2000 if I ever heard one!!!

bummer re: Aqua reef a 620 sold on ebay for $175... but wasn't sure - it was only a year old so I'll keep my eyes open...
do you think next weekend is the weekend for THE tank????

Sidd

Jul 15, 2011
WOW looks like a quality chiller. Expensive to ship here? Must weigh atleast 20kgs.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Update, update, update :).
It landed in WA last week and by the sounds of it they are having a play with e-vision controller before sending it over, they ballsed up and sent it over with a PS1000 skimmer instead of the PS2000 and they gave me the option of waiting another few months or go the 1000....so ive gone the 1000, its still rated for a 1000l tank so I dont think I have gone that far wrong......

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Really nice chiller what was the damage on it? How many hp?
I think it was 899 euro plus fright from germany, not sure of the HP but here are the specs on it;

awww.sewatec.de_images_quellbilder_produkte_Giesemann_polaris.png

I could have gone with the 500 quiet easily but I prefer to have it only run half as often. I have only ever had a haliea 500a before this chiller, but the noise level is drastically different, this one basically sounds like a fridge with a fan noise over the top where the halea sounded like a a noisy airconditioner

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Love the chiller az? Still sticking with the 1000 now?
Not sure which 1000 your refering to but in either case i got the polaris 1000 chiller and have gone with the PS1000 skimmer, still unsure about the skimmer with such a small foot print, but trying to have a bit of faith in elos that they know what they are doing.