Tank Journal Archive

PMac

Apr 18, 2012
Sydney
I went to Mister ply wood, they charged me $50 for a sheet of 16mm moisture resistant melamine MDF, $25 to cut it and $25 to edge it. It was then $10 for a tube of liquid nails and $5 for the hinge.

If your interested the material list I used is;
1x Facia 140x400
2x Sides 730x400
1x Shelf 390x400
1x Top 385x250
1x Box side 170x200
1x Box base 300x200
Thanks that is awesome - sounds like all the hard work is done... I will definitely do this - thanks so much for the measurements and details....

PMac

Apr 18, 2012
Sydney
its so pretty I can't wait to see it with water in it... are you happy with the lighting colours you chose or do you need to see it with rock/water in it???

daniel

Nov 24, 2011
macleod, melbourne
lucky i am in bed on my laptop while reading this or i would have knocked my self out cold, man this is SEXYYYYYY very very very nice, if you dont mind me asking, how much is this going to cost all up do youy think? its beautiful. all i can keep saying to my self is one day one day. then stop day dreaming lol. very nice im impressed.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
more updates lol im loving this tank...is that light only part of the tank itself or they sell it seperately im liking it?

anyone know if its any good?

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
its so pretty I can't wait to see it with water in it... are you happy with the lighting colours you chose or do you need to see it with rock/water in it???
the colours look good, I was given the impression that I would be able to adjust the red led's on the red and white tube up and down seperate from the whites but it looks like that dosnt happen at the moment, Elos AU is getting a thing sent out so I can do a firmware update so this may change that situation.

Reactions: MTG

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
lucky i am in bed on my laptop while reading this or i would have knocked my self out cold, man this is SEXYYYYYY very very very nice, if you dont mind me asking, how much is this going to cost all up do youy think? its beautiful. all i can keep saying to my self is one day one day. then stop day dreaming lol. very nice im impressed.
Thanks man, its not cheap but not that bad when you look at how much it would cost to do a custom set up in australia

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
Adam your tempting me to go elos after i buy a house. :D
how does that aqua top look? can you take some pics on some more angles?

PMac

Apr 18, 2012
Sydney
MTG - I have heaps of photos of the aqua top from ELOS - from all different angles - happy to email it to you if you want????

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
surely you've had enough time in the weekend to show us some more pics we all know you woke up at 6 to start this weekend early lol

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Adam your tempting me to go elos after i buy a house. :D
how does that aqua top look? can you take some pics on some more angles?
The aquatop makes it, it sort of disappears so that you don't even notice it, which angles were you after?

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
surely you've had enough time in the weekend to show us some more pics we all know you woke up at 6 to start this weekend early lol
I was curled up in bed i can assure you :) it should be a big weekend though

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
for those that dont know jamie a stunning image of him in his PJs can been seen in the reflection below :)

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v165_parrdog_P1030706.jpg