Tank Journal Archive

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Azfish and Ming got theirs done in 2 pac and it looks shit hot.

There was an option to go with hand painted/polished 2pac cabinet with mine and i had it in the back of my head that it could possibly come over looking like an aquaone cabinet, but it was like another $3k and i figured worst case if I wasnt impressed I could pay less than that to get it painted locally. But I was really impressed with the standard finish, I guess alot of it comes down to a craftsman doing it with proper materials or a production line in china

Reactions: MTG

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
Yeah i like the look of 2pac but will cost me a fortune to do on a massive cabinet. Might just settle for laminated Mdf to suite my kitchen cabinets. Still lookks great imo.

So hows your tank comming along, any tangs coming soon?

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
I look away for a few weeks and this thread has doubled in size :eek

Looks great Adam, but I am sure it will look better in 6 months time.

What was the black bracing they used on the bottom of the tank?

Sidd

Jul 15, 2011
Looking great so far :)

Will have to pop over and check this beast out in person.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
I look away for a few weeks and this thread has doubled in size :eek

Looks great Adam, but I am sure it will look better in 6 months time.

What was the black bracing they used on the bottom of the tank?
well its a bit easier to get excited an post when you actaulyl have a tank to post about :)

Yes very much agree there, I think it will take between 6-12 months before it looks like a proper tank

Its silicon, Elos use multi segment double layered bases, apprently is a bitch to make but makes the tank a hell of alot stronger

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Not much, i just took a quick shot then, excuse the dirty glass and the tangs and grammas hiding, ill try and spend a bit more time on the weekend trying to get them all in shot.

I have gone away from heavy blue lighting and really like a crisp white look, i figure just spend more time getting corals that look under 12k how the run of the mill corals look under 20k

IMG_0740.jpg

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
ps ads that tank is missing something.....hmm i know some of my world famous home farmed algae...ill send some over to you...dont be silly i wont charge you its on the house this time you're a good mate

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
ps ads that tank is missing something.....hmm i know some of my world famous home farmed algae...ill send some over to you...dont be silly i wont charge you its on the house this time you're a good mate
hehehe im still waiting for this to bloom into my own algae farm

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
just had a look, the coral colors are right but the sand looks more red than it is IRL and the wall looks more blue in the photos than IRL

I think it has decreased the brightness alot as you can see shadows there where looking at the tank it looks like a solar storm on speed