Tank Journal Archive

PMac

Apr 18, 2012
Sydney
Did you end up going to the ELOS talk at Majestic? Did you find out about the lights? your tank looks great - I think the minimal scaping is so much nicer than a whole lot crammed in... can't wait to get mine - glad that it has taken longer as I wouldn't have had the time with a newborn!
Love your photos and video too....

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
No, something ended up coming up that night, shame after all this time I was keen to meet Dave.

Still waiting on the e vision to be upgraded and sent back, be keen to see myself, but not overly concerned I have managed to find a nice colour balance using the tempo, but would be good to get what I have paid for.

I know I am buyer but I am loving the open scape as well, had a few rock walls in my time, have taken allot of inspiration from parrdog s journey.

How is the little one? Did you end up having a boy or a girl?

I would have been more shocked if there wasn't a delay, when is the new eta?

P

patricia mcintosh

Hey there ... bummer you missed out on meeting Dave... glad you managed to get a colour system that you are happy with - I decided just to leave the strips as per Dave's recommendation - worst case I change them if I am not happy.

I had a baby girl - thanks for asking - Charlotte Rose - we were expecting a third boy so a BIG surprise - my hubby was shocked!!! not sure why he was so convinced it was a boy but now we get to experience both boys and girls!

Hey do you think i need one or two vortech mp40's for the tank - decided i'll go with them because of the battery back up... seems easy.

Going to do an order an get some of those nice dosing one gallon containers too - getting myself prepared for my next big arrival - my tank :)

Will check out parrdogs tank journal ...

keep up the good work with your tank - it looks amazing - especially love that blue clam - it is a clam yeah??? Have you got any clown fish in there yet? are you still going to try for 4?

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Hey there ... bummer you missed out on meeting Dave... glad you managed to get a colour system that you are happy with - I decided just to leave the strips as per Dave's recommendation - worst case I change them if I am not happy.

I had a baby girl - thanks for asking - Charlotte Rose - we were expecting a third boy so a BIG surprise - my hubby was shocked!!! not sure why he was so convinced it was a boy but now we get to experience both boys and girls!

Hey do you think i need one or two vortech mp40's for the tank - decided i'll go with them because of the battery back up... seems easy.

Going to do an order an get some of those nice dosing one gallon containers too - getting myself prepared for my next big arrival - my tank :)

Will check out parrdogs tank journal ...

keep up the good work with your tank - it looks amazing - especially love that blue clam - it is a clam yeah??? Have you got any clown fish in there yet? are you still going to try for 4?
yeah thats what I figured, I do like that you can upgrade the strips at any stage, should come in handy at tech develops.

Congrats! you have to be happy there, the boys will probably be in for equally as big of a shock by the sounds of it!

I would probably go two, you can go one but you will have it on 80%+ most of the time, I think two running of half will give you a lot better flow and control.

yeah I have had that little clam since it was about 2cm big, its been with me for about 2 years now. They are the aquacultured ones from Darwin, hoepfully it slows up its growth soon!

I have 4 little clowns, they were brought up from the cube about 2 months back, they are loving life in the bigger tank and do laps in the slip stream created by the tunze and change directions every 6 hours with the tide change :)

emboli

Apr 15, 2012
What lovely pictures. Especially love that pic of the cardinal and balino.
Now I know how that balino looks up close!