Tank Journal Archive

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Update 29
Geeze, what way is it too short?

Shame about the light being chipped as well :(

I levelled my tank, I went to Clarke rubber and got strips of high density rubber in different thicknesses but the width of the stand and used those.

I had to raise mine somewhat because I was putting it on thick carpet but still wanted to open the doors, otherwise it just sinks in.

But yeah tank is going good fish are all happy. I have been slack with maintainence so need to put a bit of time in getting it nicer for Christmas Day but you get that.

How is the little bub? How far off is the replacement gear?

Scottrotton

HTTPS://REEF.EXCHANGE
Oct 17, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Hey ads, where did you get the Giesemann chiller, think I just lost a coral becuase my system reached 90F, looks wilted and deflated :(

I like the look of your chiller and intend to =have it outside of the chiller compartment of my RSM so I can use that for a Refugium/QT

PMac

Apr 18, 2012
Sydney
Sorry for the slow response ... so it turns out there was a small part missing so that the glass slots into the metal frame properly (phew) - David had some in his office and is sending those up. They are going to send out a new part of the light from Italy to replace the chip but in the mean time I am going to use the light as is...
Getting my floor fixed on Monday and then 2nd go at installing next Saturday woo hoo ... man it is one beautiful tank - I have been quite happy to have it empty and admire it as is
My baby girl is growing up so quickly and is gorgeous - thanks for asking... I look forward to seeing some more pictures of your tank :)

PMac

Apr 18, 2012
Sydney
btw when the boys were installing my tank - they used this tank journal for reference as they weren't sure about some bits and your pictures solved it for them so thanks!!!

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
haha thats funny...ads' long ass tj was used as an instruction manual...did you make sure the doors werent out by 2mm like ads' are?

GhostRPH

Sep 19, 2012
Tank looks even more amazing in person, photos come close but still do not do it the justice it deserves! :D

having said that - c'mon man latest FTS :p

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
I think I know why ads is hesitant of taking a FTS until his zeo order arrives lol but tbh the look of the sand bed actually makes the tank look good kinda like a natural look ;) should never have sold me those strombs

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
btw when the boys were installing my tank - they used this tank journal for reference as they weren't sure about some bits and your pictures solved it for them so thanks!!!
Hehehe I thought this mess would be more confusing than the elos instructions. Having said that I did find their instructions lacking. When you end up with a small bit of pipe cut on a angle left and going wtf is this for. It can be a bit frustrating.

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
It will come, as others have pointed out there is a massive cyno problem that kicked in when the zeo start ran out. I have heard Aussie has now got some so hopefully it doesn't take too long to get back on track.

I grabbed a litre this time so at least I should be stocked up for a year.

Josh helped by grabbing me some water the other day. Water changes have also been put on hold while the back hard Reno has been underway

firebird

Aug 2, 2011
Fits will come, as other have pointed out there is a massive cyno problem that kicked in when the zeo start ran out. I have heard Aussie has now got some so hopefully it doesn't take too long to get back on track.

I grabbed a litre this time so at least I should be stocked up for a year.
I/ve never known zeo to help with fits:p ............