Tank Journal Archive

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
Update 8
pics of the holding tanks set up
IMG_0378.jpg

Fitted out with eco lamp kr93, tunze 6045 and heater. There is also a slab of marine pure block that was positioned under my inlet on the sump for the last 2 months which i have positioned the tunze to blow across.

I have ordered a tunze 9002 skimmer as well as some zeo products to further help this all along and they should be here in a few weeks.

Today is the first time i have switched the lights on as i was hoping to get a bit of a bio film up firms.

I havnt owned a float glass tank for a while and forgot how noticeable the difference is side by side even when the glass is half the thickness

IMG_0377.jpg

This is some of the live rock from the fuge with all the little furry bits, sponges, tube worms and bi valves to hopefully share its goodness, In around another 2-3 weeks time I will start adding some sponge power, cyclope eze, reef roids and pyoto feeders to help this along

IMG_0375.jpg

And some baby turbos to help keep things under control

IMG_0376.jpg

V

'vspec'

christ man, designer rocks from france. Your a freak you know that right..lol

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
yeah i know, but at least i am in pretty good company with the crew on here

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
looking good adz. your holding tank will be decked out with nice gear :p
the 6045 is actually my ASW mixer, the 9002 will be going on the cube afterwards to replace the RO 500 classic and the ecolamp is a spare but yeah it does seem a bit over the top having $2k worth of gear on a holding tank but :)

parrdog

Sep 19, 2011
Engadine
i think it will probably be another 2 months before i have it and it's wet, but at least the rock should be nice and seeded by then, got the idea from you actually :p
Does it still arrive in March or has the arrival date been put back? An idea from me, far out aye, haha, I'm flattered :).

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
no idea when it arrives, the intial eta was end of march begining of april, but i think with fluffing around with lights etc this may be pushed back

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
the 6045 is actually my ASW mixer, the 9002 will be going on the cube afterwards to replace the RO 500 classic and the ecolamp is a spare but yeah it does seem a bit over the top having $2k worth of gear on a holding tank but :)
spare ecolamp??? christ :P

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
yeah picked one up off rtaw for $200, that was meant to be a month old or something, i paid like $1000 for mine so thought it was a good bargin to snap up, just in case shit happens

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
hehehe so i can have two spare led's for it ? :) If the offer was right maybe but Im going to not throw too much money at the nano. I have a spare bar fridge now so was even toying with the idea of nps'ing it out

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
hehehe so i can have two spare led's for it ? :) If the offer was right maybe but Im going to not throw too much money at the nano. I have a spare bar fridge now so was even toying with the idea of nps'ing it out
do it!!

NiCd

Lead Moderator
Jul 29, 2011
Sydney
may look at doing this after this project is a bit more advanced. Basically will need to set up racks of different cultures, a heap of dosing pumps, magnetic stirers etc etc. Being in the garage I can go a bit more ghetto and it would also have the advantage of me having heaps of green water, rotifiers, bbs, live mysid and pods at my disposal for my main tank