Tank Journal Archive

Louise01

Oct 15, 2012
Brisbane
Update + Pics!!
Hey all, Its been a while...

Went to Africa for 3wks and left the tank in the hands of my mother. Came back to a dead purple hammer (fell onto its face), dead zoas (weird bubbly growth had taken over frag rack), low water, unhappy corals and just generally dirty. Pic below is after removing the growth from frag rack:

IMG_1029.JPG

Fixed it all up, slight reorganisation of corals..

New:
1x yellow coral goby
1x pocci frag
1x acro frag
(Yes, finally trying my hand at SPS)
1x fluoro mottled hammer (in my partners tank currently but will move into mine in a few days- I secretly think he wants to keep it!)

IMG_1238.JPG
IMG_1244.JPG
IMG_1246.JPG

So happy with how well it has bounced back!

Fed my corals today and my bottom hammer looked like a Frammer! Never seem him take that shape before!
IMG_1236.JPG

Pic of my new hammer yet to see my tank. No way is the BF keeping hold of this!
IMG_1131.JPG

Thinking of getting a BTA for the far left hand corner but not sure... Also thinking of upgrading my light to a full spectrum. Very happy with my blue/white LEDs but just wanting to take the lighting to the next level!

Been talking to Naqua and he has the MicMol Mini Colour and The Reef Flare 30.
http://micmol.com/aquamini.html
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.392829290827208.1073741826.333646020078869&type=3

Anybody have any opinions on the light choices?

jstojkovski

May 13, 2013
Wollongong
The BTA would fill that space really nice, but it will move to where it want to be and if it wants to go on the right side it can sting your corals.

They also like there foot planted in a cave or crevices, and can spread pretty quick.

Last edited:

daniel borja

Apr 17, 2013
i currently run a coral flare max on my Pico tank and i gotta say i cannot be more impressed! definitely recommend it! Speak to @chimaera and he can sort out what light would be more suitable for your tank :)