Tank Journal Archive

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Update Thread
My girlfriend's bed side nano tank. It's an ocean free 25L tank. This is the first water change I've done for it over a course of about 9 months and abit.
The tank itself.. And the fish which were inside.. I don't understand how they survived. The tank ran for all those months without the return pump on.. Without the heater and the skimmer. The only thing left running was the small wavemaker inside the tank.
I did a 50% water change and added a very nice trio of saddle back clowns.. I think these clowns are very underrated.. They look awesome!

image.jpg

image.jpg

JimmyDang

Sep 12, 2012
Sydney
Have to agree. Why were they in an unheated tank for 6 months with no circulation? Assume you or someone fed them during that time?
Room stays fairly warm during winter and cool during summer. The temp stays within 25-28.

They get fed every day. Twice a day.. this tank is honestly is to show that keeping a reef tank with corals and fish isnt always so difficult. It ran like this with corals and more fish in it before i decided to sell most of it off

Dr. Schell

The Fuckin' Doc
Jul 12, 2011
Brisbane
Room stays fairly warm during winter and cool during summer. The temp stays within 25-28.

They get fed every day. Twice a day.. this tank is honestly is to show that keeping a reef tank with corals and fish isnt always so difficult. It ran like this with corals and more fish in it before i decided to sell most of it off
Honestly Jimmy, three saddle backs in a 25L tank? This would equate to you living in a car for the rest of your life and never being allowed to leave it! Tank this size is better suited to fish such as coral gobies and the like. There is a difference to fish simply surviving, and fish that are well cared for. Which category do you think there fish fall into?