Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Update Time.
Five months ago stopped dosing biggle juice, 10 weeks ago stopped dosing nitrate, phosphate and lugols solutions - 8 weeks ago stopped feeding the tank acropower and roids.
Came home during the week to find the maxspect gyre strip the impeller completely... got no spare parts left over. Personally think constant speed is better for these pumps for longevity.
And my bloody calcium reactor regulator has done it to me again by dumping a ton of CO2 into the reactor.
It's time to clean the glass and do a 20 percent water change today.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Not so sure what to do next...
Should I start carbon dosing?
Should I chase iodine and potassium numbers? Should I biggle juice the tank? Should I just keep doing water changes?

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
I'm with Sam, looks fantastic for a bumpy ride :D I was actually going to message you today funnily enough because I was thinking about how your tank was doing yesterday haha

What about playing with some AF stuff like micro E and build and those goodies? You know what carbon dosing does and that's easy lol iodine would be a good one as well I think :)

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I'm with Sam, looks fantastic for a bumpy ride :D I was actually going to message you today funnily enough because I was thinking about how your tank was doing yesterday haha

What about playing with some AF stuff like micro E and build and those goodies? You know what carbon dosing does and that's easy lol iodine would be a good one as well I think :)
Yeah, I was wondering if you were around as well. Nice to know you are , lol.
I almost bought into that AF stuff on the weekend but at the last moment changed my mind.
After a bit of encouragement from Biggles I have decided to start with iodide and iodate dosing. I will get them up from the 0.00 level they have been for months.
Curious to see the overall effect not just on the blues and purple but I'm sure the others will benefit in health.
5ml Iodion 2 drops Lugols.
Let's see.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Alright- test kit time.
IMG_1059.JPG

6 days x 4 ml Iodide equals left tube added 1ml tonight after the test.
6 days x 2 drops Lugols equal right tube - added 10 drops which is a large overdose.

Potassium 400 no need to change.
Yet to check calcium but going to guess 380
Kh 7 but going to start chasing 8 very soon. And then 8.3 !!!!

Observations- already an increase in PE on the acro.
Colour on the three purple tenius already starting to shift.
Great to compare three different colour clades , previously looking a bit dull and grey so to speak.
Yellow tort giving better PE.