Tank Journal Archive

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
Update
Sadly the Mini might not have much time left as the 120 gets up and about but it's an exciting time to upgrade to more room.
Its been running as good as it ever has and it will be sad to pull down.

However it still has maybe a month or two left so I'll get a few more updates in before she goes ;)

I picked up this little frag from a lfs for $5 just before Christmas and it has really changed from the bleached condition it was in when I picked it up. It's another green coral... but I think it's pretty :D
Also picked up an echi frag the other week that's showing good polyp extension and looking happy.

Before:
70F8882C-A9CC-468E-BDD9-FF2C8AD2A487.JPG

After:
IMG_2379.JPG

FTS
IMG_2423.JPG

Thanks for looking :)

S1L3NT

Jul 17, 2011
Damn that bleached out frag looks incredible! I just picked up a $5 browned out frag, hope it turns out half as good as that one haha.

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
I cannot wait to see what you do in the 120 :D
Thanks bud! Me to!

WOW. That $5 frag looks great.
Exciting times ahead with the new build.
Thanks! Yea it was just a broken piece sitting next to a colony. They didn't know what to charge when I asked to buy it haha

Superb stuff!
Thanks mate :)

Damn that bleached out frag looks incredible! I just picked up a $5 browned out frag, hope it turns out half as good as that one haha.
Yea it came up alright eh :D
I bought it because the coralites looked kinda blue. But purple tips and polyps with a green base doesn't look to bad lol
Was at the same LFS today actually and they had plenty of brown acros. When the new tanks up I'll have to grab a few and see what happens!
Keep us up to date on yours!

potatocouch

Jan 16, 2014
Sydney
@Mattres

How did you managed to keep a BN and Hammer in such small tank? My understanding most SPS (including BN) requirement of flow is strong, isn't it?

Whilst if you blow that same flow to Hammer, most LPSs won't be happy. What's the trick here? ;)

Are you keeping it ULNS? How's the hammer in such low No3 environment?

Mattres

May 26, 2015
Adelaide
@Mattres

How did you managed to keep a BN and Hammer in such small tank? My understanding most SPS (including BN) requirement of flow is strong, isn't it?

Whilst if you blow that same flow to Hammer, most LPSs won't be happy. What's the trick here? ;)

Are you keeping it ULNS? How's the hammer in such low No3 environment?
The way my scape is laid out the left hand side gets most of the flow, by the time it's returned to the right where the hammers are it's diffused.
Saying that though the tank could do with more flow for the SPS.
The birdsnest in my experience is quite tolerable to conditions but if you notice my acros they have very slow growth. Maybe flow related? I'm not sure.
I would say it's low nutrients but not ULNS.
In my experience as well the acros were always upset first before the LPS if the nutrients went too low.

Hope that helps!