Tank Journal Archive

RCanik

Imported Canadian
Dec 23, 2013
Ballarat
Updated Coral Photos.
Picked up a new Acan that has the potential to be a stunner. AND! A mini maxi. A bit early I know, but with everything else doing so well in the tank and the price tag of the 'nem...I couldn't pass it up. So far so good. Watched it nab a bit of mysis at this mornings feeding and have found at least 3 little tiny nems! (about 3mm each) Good steal. This is a lucky tank now that I think of it....knock on wood.

I also decided to put the stock lights back over the tank just for the blue LED night lights. Where they are they'd block out some of the lights from the Par38 lamps but since I don't run them at the same time it does the trick. Looks ugly as fuck over top but has the desired effect at night. During the day I just pop the stock lights off and turn the Par 38s on. I can see upgrading to a complete light unit in the future. But I'm really liking the Par38s at the moment so we'll see. Not too much of a hastle and it's only me who really looks at the tank anyways. I can deal with an ugly top. But the wires...jesus. Going to have to do something about that mess when I get home tonight.

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0797.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG

IMG_0801.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

RCanik

Imported Canadian
Dec 23, 2013
Ballarat
Man is that for real.... I have never seen a multi colour turbinaria, plain yellow or purple at best. :eek

I bet on one of those US extreme coral sites that could go for insane money.
Thats just reflecting the colours of the Par38. Its tan based with green polyps to the eye

RCanik

Imported Canadian
Dec 23, 2013
Ballarat
20140506_205435.jpg
My scroll is quickly becoming entirely green (not complaining!) The Acro is now light teal with purple tips.

And the scolly is one hungry beast.