Tank Journal Archive

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
ai.imgur.com_JSOMxG5.jpg

;)

As for coral placement, I really like most of it ... but wasn't sure about the bubble placement in the middle. If it gets bigger/inflates it could take up too much room and block the view/light etc. I'd put it on the RHS near those blastos.

Your fungia will move wherever it wants to, so just plonk it in!

Montis ... if you move hte bubble, you could make that central piece a monti station? Otherwise along the edge of the top ridge of the LHS rock, with acro down the middle.

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
View attachment 43072

;)

As for coral placement, I really like most of it ... but wasn't sure about the bubble placement in the middle. If it gets bigger/inflates it could take up too much room and block the view/light etc. I'd put it on the RHS near those blastos.

Montis ... if you move hte bubble, you could make that central piece a monti station? Otherwise along the edge of the top ridge of the LHS rock, with acro down the middle.
before i even reply to any of that...fungias move right??? I'm looking after @Ant2k7 and I couldve sworn this thing was moving around the tank lmao everyone told me I was crazy!!??

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
View attachment 43072

;)

I wanted the bubble on the right hand side but its the gfs favourite coral so it's her centre piece :)

the bubbles largest size is shown in the close up of it, it gets quite big but havent noticed what the sweepers are like

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
I wanted the bubble on the right hand side but its the gfs favourite coral so it's her centre piece :)

the bubbles largest size is shown in the close up of it, it gets quite big but havent noticed what the sweepers are like
My bubble gets huge but it's sweepers are relatively short compared to some others. Our starburst sweepers a 3 x longer l

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
before i even reply to any of that...fungias move right??? I'm looking after @Ant2k7 and I couldve sworn this thing was moving around the tank lmao everyone told me I was crazy!!??
Haha yes fungias move. Just stick it on the sand and it will move around hte tank

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Worried about the strombs annoying it, ever been an issue for you?
I think they are fine with snails, never had or read of such issues.

The only issues I read are when people put them on the rockwork and their undersides get damaged.

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
I have about 9 strombs, and they have never bothered anything in the tank. No corals or even my beautiful clam !

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Yeah not so much bothered but knocking over? just trying to think of every different scenario lol

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
So I was getting a bit worried with how the Yellow Tang was acting toward the Kole Tang and was never my intentions to keep the Yellow for a long period of time so I decided to catch him while the tank was still young lol wasn't too hard, so glad I glued the corals down and scape down, it was a matter of my gf and I lifting a rock each and then me catching him in the net, was cute to see the Kole tang swim over to try be taken instead, either protecting him or saying get me out of here!! lol

Yellow Tang Removed.JPG

I purchased a little Royal Gramma from Auburn Aquariums and I was gonna take him to my tank to prevent adding another fish to the tank but then when I caught the Yellow I thought well I might as well do it while they're all here.

The Yellow went to a good home :) @LEG-IT has him now a small thank you gift for helping me out so much with holding the corals.

Royal Gramma Acclimation.JPG

Royal Gramma Out and About.jpg

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Got some tiny sand sifting stars from Reef River Reptile in Hornsby, honestly never seen small ones of these stars...don't ask me where they are now but here is the pic 2min after they went in lol

Sand Sifters 18-08-2014 (3).JPG

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Some more corals in from the holding tanks....ran out of ecotech glue and forgot the new tube at home lol so had to position things a little bit different to how I want them but will revisit it tomorrow or wednesday.

New Corals 18-08-2014.JPG

Side Shot:
Side Shot 18-08-2014 (2).JPG

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Some shots of the corals and live stock :)

Gorg...this is a photosynthetic one and I've pruned it a bit and trying to grow some frags off it :)

Cleaner Shrimp Cleaning Gorgonian.JPG Photosynthetic Gorgonian (2).JPG

This is a before and after shot of when I re-glued it to sit up in a more natural look:

Before
Photosynthetic Gorgonian - Before.JPG

After
Photosynthetic Gorgonian - After.JPG

Here's some shots of the other corals and frags :)
Toxic Hammer (2).JPG Pink Birdsnest.JPG Red SPS Frag.JPG Orange Hammer.JPG Reverse Stem Hamer.JPG Molted Hammer.JPG Coral Shot.JPG

SPS Frag.JPG Sun Coral.JPG Bubble Coral.JPG Scolly and Elegance.JPG Hammer Garden.JPG Trachy Family.JPG Toxic Goni.JPG Coral Shot (2).JPG SPS Frag (2).JPG

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Cool little fish for the tank currently in my tank making sure its eating and healthy before transferring to the Elos.

Helfrichi (1).JPG
Helfrichi (2).JPG
Helfrichi (3).JPG