Tank Journal Archive

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I love those pink zooanthids. I get them all the time from Indonesia. M has a patch of them about 20cm and growing, started out as a 4 polyp chip that fell off a customer's colony.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
DAY 5

Definitely starting to see some good results. A number of patches have reduced quite significantly.
Still a few small thick ones to go.
One big thing I have noticed today is that my glass is now staying really clean. So something has kicked in.
Happy so far.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
I left skimmer off for a night then popped it on minimum motor speed with gate wide open.
OK. But how long did you wait till you resumed normal skimming, the full 2 weeks?
I've got my skimmer with the cup off and running fast enough to overflow. I have a container sitting on top to stop spray going everywhere but allowing the overflow.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
DAY 8

Still thinning out - this stuff definitely works. Hoping the remaining bits clear up in the next week.
I have read that some people give it a second dose, maybe I won't have to.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
I found once it had started to break down, the fish were insanely interested in it (despite never touching it before.) They still stick their nose in where the bryopsis was before and try to eat it even though its gone. Which is great, makes me feel like they will stop it coming back too!

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
DAYS 9 10 11

Barely any traces left of GHA - 3 days to go.
It will be good to get the skimmer back on track and everything back to normal.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
DAYS 9 10 11

Barely any traces left of GHA - 3 days to go.
It will be good to get the skimmer back on track and everything back to normal.
you say that, but I am tempted to get some more to do a half dose every six months or so... Reef keeping was easy on the fluc!