Tank Journal Archive

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
-ve Update And A New Toy For Checking The Tanks Return Pump.
Not much to update (well not much positive anyway).

A while ago I had an issue and my salinity dropped to 1.020 for a few weeks. By the time I got on top of it I had lot a lot of my softies.

Since them I seem to be battling a never ending fight with Algae, Dino's, PO4 and NO3. Still fighting it, but at least things have stabilised. That's not the thing that's is the most disheartening, it's the Aiptasia - man am I good at growing that.

Tried a Copperband - got a really nice one, was eating frozen Mysis/Brine, etc. All was good until those damn Damsels beat the crap out of it. Anyway, I am now trying to catch 8 x damsels - that's a slow process.

Anyhow, @Rob put me onto the SonOff gear so I order a 16A POW and one of their IP66 housings. Made this up.

SonOff_POW.jpg

and from my Mobile I can check on the power status remotely

SonOff_screenshot.png

What I still need to confirm is if the return pump is jammed/blocked for any reason, does it still consume power (which gives me another level on comfort hopefully when I am away).

Rob

Apr 26, 2012
How many watts is your pump rated for ? Is it close to the power as displayed 36w. Seems low for the size of your pump.

interested to see you put a 100w light bulb in and see what it reads

Looks like a great enclosure, gotta be happy with that

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
How many watts is your pump rated for ? Is it close to the power as displayed 36w. Seems low for the size of your pump.

interested to see you put a 100w light bulb in and see what it reads

Looks like a great enclosure, gotta be happy with that
https://www.tunze.com/US/en/products/details.html?type=&user_tunzeprod_pi1[prodid]=1073.040

Pump is rated 16W to 42W (or slightly higher for 50Hz model I think ??) depending on head height so seems about right :-)

And thanks for putting me onto these @Rob - next one will be done this week.