News

girlz0r

Apr 17, 2013
wasn't it @David 's partner @girlz0r ?
Haha, yeah we brought those along. :)

Great day! Fun frags and great food..
Got some photos but they'll have to go up once I get them off the camera. So many frags, and @David did take some sps, which I'm not sure how they will go, but will keep the TJ updated..

@holly I was wondering when that chalice was to be fragged! I thought it dissappeared! :) when a piece falls off.... you know where to throw it ;)

Who made that dip, I want the recipe! Could not get enough if it, and that crusty bread.. mmmm

Thanks so much @K&J Aquatics! Was fab :) and p.s awesome Phantom collection!!!

leodb89

Mar 6, 2012
Sydney
Sounds like it was an awesome day! totally jealous...NSW we are struggling to keep up with these Victorians in almost everything in life.... @aussieant32 @NiCd @vman we need to organise something soon to be bigger than VIC...its like a State of Origin test.

@K&J Aquatics looks like you guys went to a hell of a lot of trouble! well done looks like it was a successful day.

we should get someone to edit those photos with a Call of Duty style, name on top of the head caption to get to know people a little better :)

Ben S

Apr 9, 2013
Point Cook
Really sorry for not being there yesterday. Had an absolute nightmare. Drove down to Bunarong and car broke down on the way home. :(
Got back after sitting on the roadside for over 2 hours whilst awaiting for the recovery van, then it took over 2 hours to get home.

Yesterday has been a total right off ... and to make matters worse, it was my birthday *cries*

Hope everyone had a blast and I'm more than happy for Ken to have my frag for his kindness in organising all this to start with.

Ben

Albino

Feb 23, 2013
Great day! Thank so much to Ken and Jen. Being my first reefuge meet, it was really nice to have a couple of warm, welcoming hosts meeting and greeting/organising everyone. Amazing work guys! :worship

Now gotta figure out where all these frags are going long term. Almost out of room for real now :banghead

reefaddiction

Mar 11, 2012
Was a truly great day! Had lots of fun, great food, awesome crowd :) and waayyy wayyy too many frags but hey I don't think anyone went home empty handed ;)

Thank you Ken & Jen for organizing this event, your hospitality was great as always. Looking forward to coming next time guys.

Cheers :)

narns

Jul 22, 2013
Haha, yeah we brought those along. :)

Great day! Fun frags and great food..
Got some photos but they'll have to go up once I get them off the camera. So many frags, and @David did take some sps, which I'm not sure how they will go, but will keep the TJ updated..

@holly I was wondering when that chalice was to be fragged! I thought it dissappeared! :) when a piece falls off.... you know where to throw it ;)

Who made that dip, I want the recipe! Could not get enough if it, and that crusty bread.. mmmm

Thanks so much @K&J Aquatics! Was fab :) and p.s awesome Phantom collection!!!

@Miller and I made the dip! How good is it! Be more than happy to share the recipe!

Was great day! Ken and Jen u did a great job in hosting :)

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Looks like it was a fantastic day and a huge turn out! I wonder what the neighbours must have been thinking :eek I'm sorry I missed it, had prebooked plans I made a year ago - would have liked to have met you all in person.

More pics!!

girlz0r

Apr 17, 2013
@Miller and I made the dip! How good is it! Be more than happy to share the recipe!

Was great day! Ken and Jen u did a great job in hosting :)
Yes please!! :) its was so yum

@Ben S your day sounded like a shocker! :( hope the rest of the week turns out okay, and the car doesn't cost too much to get fixed up :( Happy belated birthday anyway!
Here's the frags we picked up. Turns out we got an "ultra white platinum acro" hahahaha

20130909_142417.jpg

TheJordans

Mar 29, 2013
Sunbury
Considering that I wanted to pull out and stay home with the family, I had a really enjoyable time! (Albeit exhausting! Lol)

Thanks so much for hosting, k&j! You guys were fabulous as per usual, and a great day was had by all! Unfortunately I had to dash off before the day was done (think I broke curfew *shock*) and didn't get the chance to talk lights or convince you both to chop up another ric for @girlz0r and I, but i guess I'll just hit you up for that next time ;-) lol

Thanks also to Bunarong and Deer Park (Lifestyle Aquarium) for supplying the purchased corals and also for their generous donations!

Again, it was great to put faces to names, though don't expect me to remember them the next time I see you :-p And there were so many there that I didn't even get the chance to speak to you all!

More than enough frags to go around and then some! My esky was met with a, "Where the hell are we gonna put all that?!" when I got home *te-he-he*

And lastly, to avoid confusion, there were indeed two lots of brownies. I had the pleasure of tasting @chimaera's wife's ones and they were delicious!

I'm already looking forward to a Christmas meet! :-D *hint, hint* lol

vpreef

Jul 28, 2011
Thanks Ken and Jen for hosting, as good as it gets!

Sorry I couldn't hang around for too long but had to see me beloved Blues kick the Tiges Asses :)

Great to see some of my frags made it to some happy owners, awesome guys :)

Synodontis

Aug 1, 2011
Melton, Victoria
Morning all, :)

So what a day huh! Jen & I are happy to hear that everyone had a good time & enjoyed the day. Started early yesterday for us & finished early hours today lol. o_0
We have a few thank you's & smart arse remarks to make ourselves.

A huge thank you to Bunarong Aquarium!
Brett was very kind in his donation of a box of coral for the day. This was out of the blue & we did not expect or hope for this sort of generosity from either of the LFS.
All the work was done & all we had to do was slip over to the airport Friday night & pick the box up! Brett organised the box while he was planning a trip away himself. Thank you for the time, thought & effort you showed to us Brett. You did say you did not want to be acknowledged for your actions but the gesture can not go unnoticed & unappreciated by everyone at TheReefuge. :)
Also a special thanks to Richard for helping Jen pick & choose corals on Saturday morning for Sunday. Thanks Jen for the 3hr run around! Richard spent a bit of time with Jen helping with coral choice for fragging & also tips on how to frag different corals. The service at Bunarong is always top notch, if you haven't been able to make it over there, you really do need to find some time & say hi to Brett & Richard at Bunarong aquarium. :)

Another huge thanks to Deer Park aquarium!
Dave was also kind enough to donate a box of coral for the day. Again this was not expected & took us by surprise. On Saturday afternoon after loading a box of corals into the car, Dave walks out with another box of corals for the day. Now if anyone noticed the urn, coffee. sugar & chocolate sitting on the kitchen bench, this was all lent to us for the day by Deer Park. With Dave being our LFS he went out of his way to help us with the day in more ways then one. :)
Also, another huge thank you to Erin, Dave's much much better half lol. Erin stopped in Sunday morning to drop off the urn & gear, she never left! Her help cooking the BBQ & generally running around with Jen & helping her out. I'm not sure if anyone noticed Erin disappear for awhile on Sunday afternoon, but she went down to Deer Park aquarium to pick up a few more corals! How good are these guys! :)

So that's they very important guy's done, tick that off the list.

Next lot of thank you's should go to everyone who brought a plate, which looking at the table once you all got here was every bloody one! The amount of food & different choices was astounding lol. If this happens again, smaller serves huh people! but thank you for smoko for the next month tho lol. :rolleyes
Thank you to everyone who offered to help Jen with something during the day as well. It's little things like those comments that make these sort of days run so much easier & help take some of the stress off us.

Another off the list, check!

The guys doing the fragging! ugly "The Machine" man, the guy just kept cutting! I didn't see Shane away from the table very often at all. Nathan, David, Chris, Holly, Macca & I'm sure there where others lol, I just can't think of you. Thank you to you guys also, no one person would have got through it all (except maybe Shane lol) by themselves. Was also nice to a few people having a go who had never done it before. A special thanks must go to Sarah, you seemed to be everywhere helping out, bagging corals, setting them out on the bench & cleaning up at the end, helping Jen & Erin with clearing room for more food, your a little whirlwind lol. :)
Thanks to Pete / naqua for bringing over a few bags of frag plugs & another box of gloves. We ran out of plugs for the day & no stock until later this month.

Check!

Thanks must also go to people who brought their own corals for what ever reason to donate to the day.
You can be sure that if ever needed you will receive donations back should you ever need them :)

check!

Next item, as you know when Jen did her soap box speech (not a bloody sheep as implied! :p)
There was a toxic green & purple Scolly that was put up in a silent auction on Sunday. The proceeds from this auction will be donated to TheReefuge towards the running costs of the site. We are happy to say that this auction was won by @Albino (Tim) with a huge bid of, Shhhhh! sorry, it was silent. ;)
We will PayPal the winning amount direct into TheReefuge account.
This may cause the wraith of God to descend upon Jen & I as he knows nothing about this until this post. Knowing him as we do, he will no doubt have harsh words to say to us, but bugger him. We did invite the big kahuna to attend the frag day as we always do, but he was unable to make it because of commitments in other directions. I know there was rumors & speculation as to God being on site during the day lol. Was he? wasn't he? perhaps? or maybe? Who will really know??
If it wasn't for @The Reefuge, we would not be here & all of the meets & crawls we have put together would not have happened. So on this point I'm calling Gods bluff & the donation will be paid. :worship

Check!

As you can see, there has been a lot of thank you's directed at Syno & K&J, but it doesn't happen unless all of you guy's get behind it.
Without your support & participation these affairs could not happen. It's a phucking headache to pull together at times & we may ask ourselves why sometimes, but when the day is done & we look back at the fun everyone had, it makes it worthwhile. If anyone yesterday left thinking it wasn't such a great day, then Jen & I have failed. So reading the thanks means a lot to us, we have considered giving up the "team Leader" thing & letting someone else take the reins. So if anyone would like to, apply to god.

Thank you to everyone for making the day a success :D

Ken & Jen