Tank Journal Archive

Apr 10, 2014
@ Lesley to help further can you provide a pic of the circuit breaker at the switchboard that tripped? (Want to determine if it's an RCD/CB combo or just a plain CB - does it have a pushbutton?)

scottme

Apr 26, 2015
Lake Maquarie
What I find also scary is how rapidly conditions deteriorate in some tanks. Considering this, hopefully an sms alarm will actually wake you up at 4.30 in the morning.

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
What I find also scary is how rapidly conditions deteriorate in some tanks. Considering this, hopefully an sms alarm will actually wake you up at 4.30 in the morning.
The audible alarm will help wake you also if you are anywhere near your tank.

When mine went off at about 5:30am once, I didn't hear the message, but thankfully did check my messages before leaving for a day of work. Audible alarm was activated after that close-call!

Lesley

Apr 2, 2013
@ Lesley to help further can you provide a pic of the circuit breaker at the switchboard that tripped? (Want to determine if it's an RCD/CB combo or just a plain CB - does it have a pushbutton?)
Sorry. Was not getting alerts on this thread. ( ironic ). Lol. It is not a push button it's a fuse black switch similar to the tank ones. Flicks up and down not push button :)

Apr 10, 2014
Sorry. Was not getting alerts on this thread. ( ironic ). Lol. It is not a push button it's a fuse black switch similar to the tank ones. Flicks up and down not push button :)
Have you had a sparky look at this at all yet @Lesley?

I'd recommend replacing the 3 x RCD's under the tank with plain circuit breakers (10A or even 6A). Plain circuit breakers are quite cheap too. I'd then use one of the 16A safety switches (RCD's) from under your tank and install that in place of the plain circuit breaker at the switchboard. This will provide the overall circuit with RCD protection. This coupled with @Sam Parker 's alarm will keep you covered.

The two remaining 16A safety switches from under tank could also be used to replace any other plain circuit breakers at the switchboard that feed lighting and power circuits that are of the same current rating.