Reef Discussion

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
Water Parameters Spreadsheet - Free
I was showing someone my (excel 2007) water parameters spreadsheet and they suggested I share it, so here it is (click to download). I got the idea from another guy's spreadsheet but his used automatic colour grading, fixed parameters and a few other things I didn't like. Enter your dates & parameters on the front sheet and over time it will automatically graph each parameters' stability or lack of.

The mustard coloured line show recommended parameter ranges and really shouldn't need changing. the green line shows ideal targets withing the range and you can change this to suit your preferences. All formulae will update automatically. Feel free to change anything you want BUT if you start making changes please don't share the modified file or ask me for help. It works well as is if you only change (or not) the target number in the green row on the front page. Important- if you don't test for something, just leave it blank.

spreadsheet.jpg

Samples from my own sheet below.
spreadsheet2.jpg

spreadsheet3.jpg

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Good one Ian - sure beats 'my parameters all test fine' and the list of zero's I see all the time ;) I like how it demonstrates the variations our tanks experience.

Ian G

Sep 11, 2012
Nowhere
I've had a couple of queries so to let everyone know, the values in the mustard coloured area represent the average values of natural sea water in Australian/Pacific waters more or less (rounded).

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
Thanks mate , its better than mine so I have migrated my one over to yours.
I like the Graph , its easy to see how stable your parameters are (or are not).