Wheelers Hill
Water Test Entries
Well as of today my water perameters are:
Ph 8.2
ammonia 0
nitrate 0
nitrite 5ppm
phos 0.36

However i just got the phosphate test kit today, but im not entirely sure if it is actually accurate or not. All these tests were performed with the red sea pro range of test kits. So ill be re-doing the phos later today or tomorrow to see if there is any change in the numbers.

lorby

Nov 26, 2012
I'm guessing you got nitrite and nitrate the wrong way around? 5ppm nitrite is crazy high, unless you're still cycling? And if you are still cycling you're only half way through if that is the case.

I find the red sea phos a little hard to read. I do recommend the hanna Low range phosphate egg if you can afford it. They seem to be about the best I've found for home readings.

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
Yeah I probably have them the wrong way lol.
It doesn't seem too hard to read. Just that when I added the reagent the colour went light blue and stayed the same over the 6min waiting time

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Light blue will be nitrite and a low reading at that - good news. The nitrate is usually a yellow/orange/red test colour. Hopefully more yellow than red ;)

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
Sorry Sam I was talking about the phos kit there. The colour went light blue after about 30sec and stayed that way. I'd say spot on the 0.36 reading

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
oh, with phosphate I am not sure, only ever used Hanna. With them, if you can actually see a tinge of blue with the naked eye, you have some solid phosphate :)

OSCAR85

Jan 8, 2013
St Kilda, Melbourne
The blue colour on the phos turn table is the max range it can read. If it turns blue straight away your phos is higher than the test kit can read.