Tank Journal Archive

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Week 8
We have jumpers....
Whilst the anthias have settled into tank life at serenity just fine, eating pellets and all , during the week in the evening there were two that jumped on consecutive nights. What do you do? I guess a eurobrace would have saved them ....

Plans this weekend to get off my ass and do a water change or two. I can see the colours fading in the SPS as I missed the last water change.

Back on track with algae control / no issues to worry about since the holidays as only dosed start3 this week at .25ml a night.

Got lots of pods and heaps of planaria in the tank.

Kh stable 7.7 all week
Temp getting low at night down to 23.5C

@Wrangy going to frag those 4 ultra Zoas for you this weekend. Pretty Sure you don't have them in your collection.

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
Good one, I had to go and google Planaria. Makes for a good bed time story: "A single worm can be cut into 279 pieces, and each piece will regrow into a complete worm."

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Bummer about the anthias but good to hear everything else is going swimmingly! :)

I'm sure I can frag a few goodies to swap with you ;)

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
image.jpg

Seven dithering anthias -spares to replace jumpers as a small school is an unhappy school
One frag rack @Wrangy
Please excuse the mess - not a show photo with the heater bombing the pic

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
Love it, looking nice and busy like a reef :D the frag rack is looking good too ;)
Fragged the ultras for you.
They seem to be ok... Problem with some ultras like the recent rainbows you have is they are painfully slow growing and I mean slow. Under Illumagic led I had the best growth for zoas it's like Illumagic LEDs were designed for zoas (well Illumagic were invented by the most famous zoa collector in the world) under T5 I found my common zoas kicking and growing , just hope I can get these to take hold for you.

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Fragged the ultras for you.
They seem to be ok... Problem with some ultras like the recent rainbows you have is they are painfully slow growing and I mean slow. Under Illumagic led I had the best growth for zoas it's like Illumagic LEDs were designed for zoas (well Illumagic were invented by the most famous zoa collector in the world) under T5 I found my common zoas kicking and growing , just hope I can get these to take hold for you.
That's awesome mate, I really appreciate :)
I know what you mean about the illumagics, my zoa's love it and I get growth ahead of anyone else I know that gets the same as me lol
Hopefully they do take hold :) I'll see what I have that's frag ready/worthy for you

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
That's awesome mate, I really appreciate :)
I know what you mean about the illumagics, my zoa's love it and I get growth ahead of anyone else I know that gets the same as me lol
Hopefully they do take hold :) I'll see what I have that's frag ready/worthy for you
Don't worry about worthy mate, I'll show you these ones as soon as I can, maybe on next weeks update. I call it sharing the love.... I am about to frag my Kole tang for you this weekend. Give me six months and you can get any sps from my collection. :p

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Don't worry about worthy mate, I'll show you these ones as soon as I can, maybe on next weeks update. I call it sharing the love.... I am about to frag my Kole tang for you this weekend. Give me six months and you can get any sps from my collection. :p
I'm keen on a bit of a Kole frag then :D haha
Sharing the love is some of the best bits about the hobby! But I always like a bit of a trade, you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours :) lol