News

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
No worries thanks for your help. So I clear firefoxs and internet explorers history and flush the dns in command prompt. Now the site loads up and I can navigate with no errors. Then I log in and the errors start again. Then I clear everything again and it all works until I log in. I am stumped!

mscott

Jan 2, 2012
Wheelers Hill
the only thing that works for me in the navigate to tab is the tank journals and product review, everything else comes up with "the reefuge-Error"

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

Links have been updated. They will now work.

Thanks for the troubleshooting.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Ok its nearly working for me. I can log in and navigate the site now. Problems are... The chat box on the main page is blank I can only reply to a thread by quoting a post (and deleting the quote so I dont quote @mscott for no reason) , the reply box does not show. I have to press refresh for the alerts to update, and to view the new alerts I have to click on it. Hovering the mouse over the alert button doesnt work now. There is no button to upload files That is all that I have found for now. Does this sound like a java problem?

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Ok after a few more log in and log outs, clearing the cache...again and several ctrl+f5 and it seems everthing is working...finally! Why do computers have to be such bitches sometimes :rage

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Ok after a few more log in and log outs, clearing the cache...again and several ctrl+f5 and it seems everthing is working...finally! Why do computers have to be such bitches sometimes :rage
There are certain freaking quirks with Firefox that can really piss you off (thats before we get to the memory leaks)... tis just some of them. Amusingly, my work PC hit the site straight up without any issue. Single refresh, and all good with Firefox :P Still better than IE any day of the week though lol.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I tried at work but it seems the nazi IT guys reckon that the reefuge is "a dangerous website that may cause damage" HAHA

DavidS

The Resident Loony
Jul 17, 2011
Ballarat, Victoria
Lol. You know that there are studies that suggest overly restrictive limits on internet in the workplace can actually cause staff to be more stressed and certainly more disgruntled. And you're being told this by the kind of internet nazi that would like to turn the frigging thing off at work for everyone except himself so he can make use of the gigabit link in peace :P