Tank Journal Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
What Next?
ok so I am starting to think my tank has settled enough to plan additions. Have not touched doser in almost a month and levels are spot on. Everything is extending well, showing good growth yadda yadda yadda.

I am not looking for what to add next, I want something that can take up some substrate space. Thinking adding some more blastos, any other ideas? How do zoas go on the sand bed?

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
How about some lobos?

My zoas never did well on the bed but if they were up a bit on a rock I think they should do fine, mine were all the way around the rocks touching the sand. I think something was having a munch but never managed to catch it happening.

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
I was gonna say lobos too. My zoas have grown off their rock and are growing happily along the sand now.
Not gonna try clams again?

aussieant32

Team Leader
Feb 19, 2012
Sutherland, Australia
I cant mate, not after the last one. Cant fork that much out again.

I was thinking zoas actually. Not adding anything for another few months but at this stage zoas are top of the list

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
All my zoas are on the sand. Lobos, symphillias, scollys all take up a decent amount of sand space.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
i allways have found zoas do better with rock that they can attach to. i use larger flatter rocks and semi bury them. the zoas attach to that under the thin layer of substrate seems to work.

what about scollies or blastos?

Status
Not open for further replies.