IMG_20151006_200314.jpg

So here's my current list of equipment for my 150 litre system:

8x24W ATI Sunpower
2 Tunze 6015 Powerheads
Eheim Compact+ 2000 return
Tunze 9004 Skimmer
Tunze ATO
Jager heater

Additionally I run some activated carbon in a bag, have a refugium dedicated to chaeto algae, and manually dose Randy's Calc, Alk and Mag.

Should I upgrade my skimmer, get some sort of reactor for my carbon or for phosphate removal, or buy some piece of technology I've never heard of?

Thanks @Agent M

Parameters
  • Alk: 9
  • Calcium: 415
  • Mag: 1300
  • Nitrates: Unmeasurable on my kit
  • Nitrites: Unmeasurable on my kit
  • Ammonia: Unmeasurable on my kit
  • Temp: 23 C

Maintenance
  • Weekly 20L water change
  • Regular emptying of skimmer cup
  • Keeping ATO suply topped up
  • Dosing Alk, Calc & Mag
  • Replacing activated carbon monthly
  • Daily sprinkling of phosphates into the display tank (AKA feeding my fish)

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
I would suggest nothing ...save your money cause at some point this hobby will empty you wallet.
Whats your P04 testing like ...looking at your tank I recon that would be in check also.
Re the dosing pump ...I don't think your current corals are big consumers of ALK,CAL & Mag. If your levels are manageable by hand I would keep it as is.

jayellul

Sep 6, 2013
definitely an auto doser or calcium reactor.

How stable it your temp? I would personally get a temp controller and not rely solely on the heaters thermostat as they are unreliable. Do you need cooling of some kind?

ther than that keep up the good work, stability is key :)

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
All looks awesome, wouldn't change a thing.

Guess the big question is, what are you not enjoying in the hobby? We can then work on how to stop/reduce that with gadgets :P

Sam Parker

May 6, 2013
Geelong
Temp controllers are cheap and a good idea leading into summer, easy to add fans/chiller to it later on. But yeah, keep on keeping on!

Tannum_Paul

Jun 18, 2015
Tannum Sands
Since you have so much money I need a maxspec gyre, fx05 wireless doser and a apex with all control/monitoring module.

Put the coin in the bank mate, as said above one day you will need it and be happy it is there!