• all in one kit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stretcherboy

Jul 11, 2011
gold coast
What test kit or kits to buy????
hey guys hoping to buy a complete marine test kit in the next week heard the red sea ones are good??? or instead of buying one kit am i better off buying individual kits for specific elements?

cheers andrew

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
You will not need the ammonia and nitrite test kits for long so you are better off seeing if you can borrow these. Once your cycle finishes you will just be testing for nitrate and even that one will not be very often if the tank is looking good. So I have voted for individual kits - just the ones that you need.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
hey mate, pickup the alk redsea test kit, maybe amonia and nitrate,
hanna meter for the phosphate tests?

marineclass

Jul 12, 2011
Gold Coast
i have a Hagen Master Test Kit - really good and accurate. I have compared readings with my ATI test kits and they both read the same. $140 but it tests a lot. Im just looking forward to when digital tests are cheap enough that you can just set them all up under the tank with it constantly testing and giving a digital read out---ahh the time it will save:rolleyes:

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
its was more the hana alk checkers that were having the issues with their poweder reagents. i find the readings of the phos tester consistant with multiple trys.

Snik66

Jul 13, 2011
Tasmania
i would go with the red seas im getting a few bit on the expensive side but from what i have read they are worth it :)

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
I use salifert for all my testing needs and hanna for phosphate, all I am short now is a pottasium kit and I will get it from K Z