Where Can I Get Some Chaeto In Australia (sydney Ideally)?

Discussion in 'New To Reefing' started by AJN, Apr 10, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. AJN

AJN Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Australia
    State:
    NSW
    I'm just cycling a new 6 foot marine tank and need to get some Chaeto for the sump refugium. I'm having all sorts of trouble finding some in Sydney (or anywhere in Australia). Can anyone drect me to where to buy this ? I want real Chaetomorpha and not Caulerpa as I've heard Caulerpa can go nuts and spawn into your tank.
  2. jart

jart Member

Ratings:
    +141
    Australia
    State:
    NSW
    Hi AJN. Welcome to the forum. I had a similar issue when I wanted to replace my caulerpa with chaeto a couple of months ago. I found some finally at Newtown Aquarium. I recently changed my fuge lighting and the chaeto is starting to take off. If you haven't found any in a few weeks I may have some to get you started.
  3. megsez

megsez Member

Ratings:
    +170
    Australia
    State:
    Queensland
    Hi AJN welcome to the forum. I just got a heap off guppies aquariums a couple of weeks ago. I am away at the moment so I have not had a chance to check on its progress but it was in great condition when i received it
  4. Rodger

Rodger Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Australia
    State:
    NSW
    G'day I'm in the Menai area and can spare a small amount of what i believe is chaeto, about palm size if interested