Reef Discussion

Azedenkae

Jun 17, 2013
Which Led Sequence Is Better?
I just swapped around some LEDs in one of my ComboRays, and just want your opinion on what may be more visually appealing. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, just want to know what you behold. Lol.

So without further ado:

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v320_Azure_Dragon1990_Mobile_20Upl7caac160e6eefff89cfa5cdbcaab0355.jpg
aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v320_Azure_Dragon1990_Mobile_20Upl631fc323ba330b6c4c3ca4dc7b5c7d75.jpg

What do you think is better?

There's also a comparison of the changes for that single ComboRay individually in my tank journal. I don't want to post the pictures here because I just want to focus on the overall setting, but if you want to look at just the one ComboRay, then it is there.

The specific LED colors are also listed in the tank journal.

MagicJ

Jul 11, 2011
Hobart, Tasmania
Not sure what camera was used but you also need to make sure that it is set to totally manual settings - if not the camera will try to adjust for what it thinks is best.

Both photo's look very similar and, in my opinion, both are too red - but it could just be the camera??

Azedenkae

Jun 17, 2013
Not sure what camera was used but you also need to make sure that it is set to totally manual settings - if not the camera will try to adjust for what it thinks is best.

Both photo's look very similar and, in my opinion, both are too red - but it could just be the camera??
Yeah it's an iPhone pic. And yeah, it is a lot redder in the pic than in reality.

In reality the red, cyan and blues just appear as light bandings.

slin1977

Jul 13, 2011
Sydney
My opinion is that cyan should be in the middle and use only 1 cyan with no lense in this set up.
Stick 1 to 1 royal blue and blue ratio. Chuck in only two violet in total , one on each light and fill the rest of the gaps with cool white and the blues. If it's too stark use a couple of warm white.

I believe that Illumagic got it right with the blaze combination any further experimentation and combination may please the operators eye.

Nice to see two Comboray on this tank , keep posting your findings.

Azedenkae

Jun 17, 2013
Haha yeah, I did have four extra LEDs from you, and two separate ones that I got originally. May play around.

Before that though, gotta get it to show true color in pictures. >_>