Reef Discussion

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Happy to forward the email on to whoever wants to read the rest, just let me know what email address :)

macca_75

Apr 22, 2012
Why not a TLF550 reactor and wrap the LED's strips around the outside. Seems like too much trouble with an internal light tube when you could get more LED's wrapped around the outside. Especially if you are thinking of using std LED's. I think you can probably get a 1m strip of LED's quite cheap.

I know @macca_75 has a TLF550, and I have a 2m strip of lights to wrap around it so he can give it a try.. only problem with this it obviously has to be external
The reactor is still empty and I have 15m of the strip lighting from the camper I am about to replace if you wanted to give it a go @Rob

Jul 29, 2014
Just wanted to bump this thread up. Any update to the chaeto reactor? Just found out about it today. Wish I had something like this back when I had the ocean free 96ltr AIO setup as a display tank.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
I don't know how available clear PVC is there, but you can get it in 6" (150mm) here in the US. All you'd need to do is drill and tab both ends, put a valve inline and put on a sticky LED strip. You want the shittiest red/yellow light you can get to grow Chaeto.