News

V

'vspec'

Awesome guys.

Keep it coming though, another few hundred members to hear from yet

Soooooo....... statisticly, the odds are pretty good for someone saying I'm exclusively here for 'vspec' :p

Colbosue

Aug 11, 2012
Colbinabbin
Hmmm, newbie but has lurked here and other places, did join MASA but don't think I posted. Reason I decided to join and post. It is a true blue down to earth aussie site, I get sick of the experts that tell others how bad they are for having this set up or that one, and that they shouldn't be in the hobby if they can't afford the most expensive brands because that cheap stuff won't last etc etc (I know it isn't quite that bad but sometimes.....?) Here seems to be more practical down to earth advice in the vein of "in my experience" instead of "you are wrong, don't keep marine aquariums", as someone with chronic pain and an autistic teen plus another teen, I don't need that sort of stress, my tank is my relaxation, there are times I have to rely on others to maintain it or wait for the next new toy, that's my choice and I don't want or need to be flamed for it. Cheaper set ups can and do work, mistakes made and shared may help someone else for making the same mistake, I love the thread where people have posted their experience on coral placement and which one wins the fight, some of those corals I haven't had and I can refer to it if needed. Can the list be pinned somewhere so it stays easy to find for all? Anyways, this old chook has had her rant and needs to go roost :) Look forward to learning from you all

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
I found this place by chance and now I have a marine tank :rolleyes.... but seriously I like the forum and its members and the way it is run. I'm a member of a few different fish forums but havent really had the desire to post elsewhere that often as I have all I need here!

I was welcomed from the first day with a friendly pm and during the journey have recieved lots of help from many members who have gone above and beyond imo which is awesome especially for a newbie. Thats the other thing, newbies are welcomed with open arms and the brains trust is always willing to help out no matter how seemingly silly the questions may be to the more experienced.

The site is run in a very relaxed mannerand apart from personal attacks and spam the moderator team are very leanient and there is a forum.... for well everything now lol might have to work out a tougher entry system though young legits gonna hurt himself soon ;)

The member base is constantly growing more experienced reefers join the ranks every week and slowly the retailers are to. With all the new upgrades the forum goes through and the plans that are in place down the track I look forward to the future of the reefuge.

daveH

Team Leader
Nov 24, 2011
Brisbane Northside
Hmm . . where do I start. It's hard to put down how much I've enjoyed becoming part of this amazing group of people that make up this forum. I joined in December 2011 as a newbie (well a very long break between having a reef tank) and have constantly been amazed at the amount of help and (accurate) advice that has been so freely given. I'm sort of retired and work from home and have managed to put together a DIY half decent reef tank with LEDs on a relatively shoe-string budget thanks to the help from so many other members.
I only hope I can learn enough about this hobby to be able to help other newbies the way I've been helped.
On the other side of gaining great info there's the humour and craziness of this place - I login a dozen times a day just for the laughs I get.
In the immortal words of Happy Gilmore - "This is my happy place".
Cheers!