Reef Discussion

Oceanarium

Nov 8, 2011
Perth
Why don't my fish get drunk
I add 100ml 100 proof alcohol every morning to my fish tanks... yet the tangs don't seem to party and the clowns are not clowning around ?? I would be on my ear :p

Elias

Nov 15, 2011
Berwick
Maybe the kids got into the stash and have filled the bottle back up with water. Wack it in the freezer and see if it freezes.

Sarg

Dec 11, 2011
Cheltenham
Wow thats alot!

I just read the last 4 pages of the big fridge on masa and I must say your setup is impressive!

deL

Mar 3, 2013
Canberra, ACT
Some idiot tested the effects of alcohol on goldfish, I remember reading. They metabolised it fast or something, as they were initially affected but it wore off very fast.

Henry G

Oct 9, 2012
Brisbane
When catching big fish, like deep sea fishing, I have always used a shot of vodka, or any full strength spirit down the gob to smack the lights out of any violent fish. fish gills put alcohol directly into there blood system making it truly the poison it is. Its like if you bypassed your liver, wouldn't take much booze to kill you either. Hence why I have never seen a good reason to pour alcohol or any "unnatural" substance into my aquarium, despite its use. So I would say in your system the alcohol would probably react off before it was able to do much damage to the fish, otherwise youve got some fish who need to see AA... ahaha