News

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
wikiReef.org - Online
Hello everyone,

I am happy to announce that wikiReef is now online and ready to get filled with content. I still have a little bit of design work to do (which has not been started), but the basic site is running. We are using docuWiki as the platform to run the wiki, and user accounts will not be tied into this website. The wiki will be a closed wiki, meaning only users who are part of the wiki team will be the only people able to edit the wiki. Anyone is able to access it.

Admins of other reef-related sites will also be able to tap into the wiki API and pull information from it to display on their website any way they see fit. The only catch to using the wiki content is that users must provide a link back to the wiki, the reefuge or both.

@brendore will be responsible for the daily running of this website. All questions, suggestions and comments should be directed to him in regards to wikiReef.

We are in need of some volunteers to help add content to the wiki. You should have a basic knowledge of markup language as the wiki requires it to be modified and edited. Users can see how it works by viewing the source code of pages that currently exist. The Reefuge Wiki will need to be ported to wikiReef so moving the articles currently held here will be the first job on the list. Please only apply if you can give one hour a week in volunteer work. The wiki will not just port the current information, but new information should be added to it on a regular basis.

Thanks.

deL

Mar 3, 2013
Canberra, ACT
Keen to add species profiles for now, and if I get the time later I can of course help with more in-depth stuff if we want to include that on the wiki. I will also port relevant existing articles if you guys can get a list of everything you want moved over and allocate it to all of the volunteers.

Have contributed to theaquariumwiki and was a staff member at http://wiki.teamliquid.net/ so I am pretty familiar with most of the formatting requirements.

Priscacara

Jun 19, 2012
Lara
I have no idea on markup language unfortunately and not too sure what input I can have anyway as all my knowledge is from the forums and what has happened in my tank so far.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
I have no idea on markup language unfortunately and not too sure what input I can have anyway as all my knowledge is from the forums and what has happened in my tank so far.
Hello @Priscacara,

Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately this project requires users to know basic markup in order to use the software as it does not have an editor like these forums do. But thank you for your interest.

@brendore and @deL - I have used the software to auto send your login information to your e-mail addresses. If it does not work please let me know.

Thanks again for the help guys :)

Thanks.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

Click a link and see what happens. The !Help page is now part of wikireef.org

!links - This page
!linking - This page

!alerts - Information about the alerts system
!alert - Information about the alerts system

!attachments - Information about the uploads / attachment system
!attachment - Information about the uploads / attachment system

!clientforums - Information on the client forum service
!clientforum - Information on the client forum service

!map - Information about the member maps
!maps - Information about the member maps

!pinboard - Information on the business pinboard service

!signature - Information about forum signatures
!signatures - Information about forum signatures

!staff - Information on The Reefuge staff

!stategroups - Information about the state groups
!groups - Information about the state groups

!tagging - Information about the @user tagging system
!tag - Information about the @user tagging system

Thanks.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
Nice little popup! I always tend to open links in new tabs so hadn't noticed this feature until now.

The Reefuge

Administrator
Jul 9, 2011
Hello everyone,

Now we can do automatic linking to articles. Here is the new fish wiki articles. Someone would like to know things about a bicolour angelfish and a bicolour blenny. There is also a fish list which allows you to select fish.

Thanks.