Reef Discussion

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I was thinking about using them side by side to get full coverage, to replace an LED unit. That way if one of the LED bulbs blows I can just replace the bulb and I don't have an entire light out of action to fix anything.

chimaera

enjoy the little things
May 13, 2012
Sandringham
No reason they would not work, they are just 3W led clusters after all. Your ideal would be to get narrower optics, say 60 degrees (most common is 90), but even then you'd be fine. @rockerpeller used two over his 75cm and felt the penetration to the bottom was fine.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
depends on what corals you want to keep softys i cant see a drama lps maybe if you a couple bulbs, i wouldnt try with sps tho personally

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
depends on what corals you want to keep softys i cant see a drama lps maybe if you a couple bulbs, i wouldnt try with sps tho personally
I will not be keeping any LPS or SPS - ever ;) But I won't have the option of moving corals higher in the tank as there will be no live rock structures. Zoas, morphs and BTA's will be in the lowest areas of the tank.

MTG

Jul 10, 2011
Gold Coast
I will not be keeping any LPS or SPS - ever ;) But I won't have the option of moving corals higher in the tank as there will be no live rock structures. Zoas, morphs and BTA's will be in the lowest areas of the tank.
if thats all your having the only worry i would possibly is the bta not getting enough light in saying that you can target feed it to keep it happy :)