Tank Journal Archive

Aspidites

Dec 1, 2012
South lake
Wish List!
I found a new fish for my tank when I eventually upgrade and I need to raise the funds mind you! Does enyone have any experience with them?
20151123_111719.jpg

Wrangy

May 7, 2013
Research
Blackcaps are gorgeous! They can be pretty shy for a while though as they are collected from deeper down in caves and overhangs though. Don't expect him/her to go flaunting around the tank like a tang or angel does :) I haven't had any personal experience though.

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
I am considering getting an Orchid Dottyback in the future. I have read they aren't that bad compared to other Dottybacks. Michael indicates they are more aggressive than Orchids and that they prefer dimmer lit tanks.

ReeferRob

Solidarité
Oct 22, 2014
Bel Air
Black caps are quite shy at first, but they will get to know you and come out a lot more. They take anything you'll feed them, they're REALLY fond of mysis and blackworms.

As for the price, they're not cheap anywhere you get them from because they're a deeper water fish found below the 20m mark. They fetch $120-$150 here in the US. The reason they're so much more there is the same reason that Aussie fish are more here, shipping.