Reef Discussion

Buddy

Mar 13, 2012
Could be just a scavaging bristle worm or a more nasty enuice worm, but I am not 100% sure. Can you compare it's mouth area to pics of those worms?

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
Could be just a scavaging bristle worm or a more nasty enuice worm, but I am not 100% sure. Can you compare it's mouth area to pics of those worms?
It hasn't got a mouth like the pictures of enuice worm, looks more rounded

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
It looks different to the common bristle worms most of us have. I would not put it back in the tank just in case and considering you found it eating one of your inverts.

lukusis

Sep 3, 2014
My bristle worms look like long spitfires (Sans the bright greens/red etc).

Savage Henry

Feb 2, 2015
It looks like a bad worm that I have caught and disposed of before.

I'd be surprised if it did not have pincers in it's mouth.

It actually looks like the blood worms I use to sell whilst working in a fishing tackle shop (awesome bait).

Did you actually see it eating a starfish? Was the starfish already dead?

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
It looks like a bad worm that I have caught and disposed of before.

I'd be surprised if it did not have pincers in it's mouth.

It actually looks like the blood worms I use to sell whilst working in a fishing tackle shop (awesome bait).

Did you actually see it eating a starfish? Was the starfish already dead?
yes i saw it eat it, I saw the star fish being pulled in to a hole in a rock so i picked up the rock to have a look and there it was,the star fish was alive not long before that

Susan Bates

Jan 18, 2015
It looks different to the common bristle worms most of us have. I would not put it back in the tank just in case and considering you found it eating one of your inverts.
no I am not putting it back in, it is a ugly looking thing, hope there are no more, i have other star fish and feather duster worms that a re doing real well