Reef Discussion

Oak Park-VIC

Sep 4, 2013
Would Love An Aquascape Like This...any Suggestions/assistance Please
I am attempting to do an Aquascape like this-have everything needed i think but would LOVE any assistance to get this masterpiece together...

Materials i intend to use:

-Several 12.5mm RODS
-25Kgs of Real Reef Rocks (shelving pieces)
-some live rock

-Bond with Aqua Knead and silicone where required...

Could anyone suggest or assist with the creation of what we can see in the attached Picture:

Love the aquascape.PNG

Sorry to the original site i had to steal this from-cant exactly remember where it was posted-but it is SOMEONE else's picture i have fallen for and would LOVE to create in my tank...:

RobbieMVFC

Feb 25, 2013
you are going to need a truck load of Aqua knead ...me thinks .
I used acrylic rods just to ensure my pile of rubble wouldn't fall.
P.S Williamstown now have this fake (but looks real ) rock thats perfect for shelfs and stuff.
You should check it out.

RCanik

Imported Canadian
Dec 23, 2013
Ballarat
There's a thread on RC called Show Me Your Pillars...fantastic guide for ideas and how to's! (PS not sure if we can suggest other sites? if not sorry in advance!)

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
In order to go easy on Aquaknead it and create a more seamless look - could you create 'spacers' between the pieces on the rock?

What I mean by that is to get smaller, rounded pieces of live rock and drill a whole through the middle that will fit snuggly around the rod. Then you can use these in between the shelving pieces of Real Reef Rocks

Agent M

Oct 21, 2011
Melbourne
I can see four main structures in this pic, the two tall columns on the left and right - the right appears to have a long horizontal piece at the top that could be tricky to create. The piece in the background spirals and slopes back. And a piece in the foreground that is more traditional.

Andrew Tan

Apr 28, 2014
If that's a tank that Billy (starfire aquatics) aqua scaped, just send him a message on face book.

I'm sure he would be happy to give you some pointers or help you out.

Oak Park-VIC

Sep 4, 2013
Thanks guys for the suggestions- unfortunately its not Billy- i sent him the picture hence why it's got his name
on it- i thought that was his arm in the tank. I was thinking the same way @Agent M about using all live rock as spacers. Now in my way to get some 12.5mm acrylic rods to play around with. I think 6 aqua kneads should suffice if not will go out and get more. Thanks for everyones suggestions.

James Plush

Nov 25, 2014
There`s a couple of you tube videos of that tank being built .

Looks like the Tank is in Korea .

Oak Park-VIC

Sep 4, 2013
Love it...what i am trying to achieve is to take all rock work off the sand and have it suspended by rods...i had a little play tonight ans used an off cut rod and was able create this to get an idea...the base will be buried into the sand for added support...

the picture os NOT the right way up sorry guys u will need to rotate it to get a better idea....this is only about 30sm in height atm hoping to get it up to 60-70cms tall

Ur thought please and any other suggestions more than welcome....
trial.jpg